Sunday, May 23, 2010

And Away We Went...

Has it really been two weeks? Well I've got at least THREE BLOG'S WORTH of pictures that I'll be posting over the next few days, so keep your eyes peeled.

Rob and I managed to get away for a weekend, but it was (because you know this is my life after all, not without drama).

The getaway was great. The four hours spent at the Urgent Care and then emergency room on Friday (thanks to a lab error on some routine bloodwork I had done on Tuesday saying I had dangerously high potassium levels followed up by a doc at the urgent care mis-reading an EKG and mistaking a page break for an electrical problem with my heart) were not a great start, but all's well that ended well.
My potassium level is great.
I won't be going back to that particular urgent care if I ever have another potential heart issue and I now know that when the doctor says you MUST take the ambulance from the urgent care in Elverson to the ER in Pottstown because your heart could STOP AT ANY MINUTE, he may not know what the hell he is talking about... although he did cause my blood pressure to spike way high enough to recommend a medic to accompany us to the ER, although I refused the medic because I didn't really think my heart was going to stop beating and he was all the way down at Brandywine hospital AND, as I told anyone who would listen, my mother-in-law was arriving in a couple of hours and my unfolded laundry was still on my dining room table and I was going to the poconos and couldn't they please just HURRY UP.

Oh, and when I got to the hospital and found out the EKG had been read wrong I entertained myself by playing around with monitors they had me attached to (apparently it's not a good idea to hold your breath to see what would happen, but like I said, I was bored and, well, what happens is a lot of bells and lights go off but, in case you should ever be in this position, you just have to breathe really fast for like 5 seconds and the bells stop ringing and the lights stop flashing and no one comes in to make sure you're still alive...)

They took my blood, found out that my potassium was perfect, and (except for one episode of self-inflicted bell ringing) the monitors showed no problem and neither did the EKG so they let me go.

And, of course all's well that end's well and Rob and I were able to get up to the Poconos the next morning.

First stop was Lake Harmony. We spend a week in this beautiful town each summer and thought we'd try out our favorite restaurant in Spring. So (for those Garritys who might be missing it....) here is my tomato and mozzerella panini from Terra Cottage. Oh, and the fries, too.

I suggested we go take a look at Split Rock (where we vacation with my extended family) but this is as close as we got. This will come as a surprise to NO ONE that Rob didn't want to pay the dollar toll to get into the place, just to look around. So we looked at the toll gate and left. :)

Luckily we were headed to Lake Wallenpaupack for our stay at The Settlers' Inn. This is the view outside our window.



And this was the view just inside our window. I ordered champagne and cheese for the room and it was delicious:



This is the backyard gardens (some of them) at the Settler's Inn: And here's another sitting area back there. The Settlers Inn sits on a river, too, but I didn't carry my camera as much as I usually do (no cute kids to take pictures of!) so I didn't get any photos of it.
And this wasn't the first time we stayed in this place, or this room, either. I found my journal entry from April 24th, 2004, in the journal that is left in the room for comments. I mention that I was ready to get back to my 17-month-old twins. By the next day I was also happy to get back to my 7.5 year old twins!

After the champagne and cheese we headed out to do some exploring. This is Lake W on a beautiful sunny afternoon:
Some flowers from the garden at the Settlers:
Oh, and JOY OF JOYS downtown Hawley, PA was having a car show, so we got to walk around and look at all these different cars. Here's Galaxie. I have one of these sitting in my garage. It doesn't look EXACTLY like this, but I hope (pray, actually) that one day it will. Or that one day it will just vacate my garage.
Goodbye Lake W -- we had a great time and hope to see you again, long before another six years passes!

1 comment:

barbarakosciewicz said...

Great Pics Tracy! It sounds like you had a great time! Love the ER story! Never a dull moment!