So I think I look forward to summer vacation as much as they do. We've got a lot of fun stuff planned for the summer: the usual trips to the shore and the Poconos and afternoons at the pool, but also some other fun stuff: a trip to NYC to visit Grandma Connie and then a trip to visit the Garritys in Somers. We'll be going berry/cherry picking at a local orchard, eating water ice, spending the day at Hershey Park, taking day trips to parks, camping, riding bikes, having picnics, fishing, climbing trees, going to the library etc. etc. etc. If it doesn't involve getting up before 8 a.m. we're IN!
I've even got a couple of surprises up my sleeve!
And, since I KNOW you are all drooling with jealousy I thought I'd take my blog along on the adventures, big and small. So I came up with this idea of posting one picture every day of summer (there are 74 days before Hannah and Liz have to get up for the the bus). Now, we all know that I'm not going to post a picture every day, so once a week -- probably Sunday -- I'll post one picture of what we're doing from the previous seven days. Since my blog is partly for the relatives and partly for me to remember just what the heck we've been doing around here I figured it would be fun to have a daily record of what's been happening.
So I'll start on Sunday.
Until then, here are some pictures of Hannah and Lizzie yesterday -- after they got off the bus for the last time this school year and headed to the backyard for our annual picnic.
Here's Hannah playing with her dolls. She had just asked me to babysit while she played on the swings. I charged her $15.00:
Lizzie actually enjoyed dipping her potato chips in the sauces. Hannah enjoyed the swings while I babysat:

1 comment:
Glad to see that the library is in your summer plans!!! (You know I had to say that). Aunt A
Post a Comment