Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Count Up, 2

This week was easy to document in pictures! In fact, I took SO MANY pictures that there will two posts later this week with photos from our extraordinary visit to the shore. But, here are some highlights of the week we spent at Grandma Connie's.
Day 5: I am happy to report that my bike got a great workout this past week. I am NOT happy to report that I was NOT the one riding it. Grandma Connie got on like she was a teenager and went tooling around the neighborhood with Sholto (Uncle Dude), Rob and the girls. I got on and pedaled twice. Then I fell on the pavement/grass and decided that a person who has balance so bad that she walks with a cane, probably should NOT be riding a bike. On the other hand, it was very humorous to watch Hannah and Liz re-enact my fall in slow motion:
 

Day 6: We taught the girls to boogie board at the beach. We were lucky (or not, if you're a nervous Mom) to have great weather for the beach. It never actually rained, but there were enough storms around so that the waves were really kicked up and came fast and furious. Both girls got really good at boogie-boarding in about 30 seconds:

Day 7: Hannah torturing the seagulls at Reed's Beach. Or else she was just running away from the gazillions of horseflies that were biting us as we walked out on the jetty and beach at sunset:

Day 8: One of Rob and my favorite things to do is to tour homes that we will never be able to afford. Here's a condo on the beach in Diamond Beach (south of Wildwood, north of Cape May). This condo was on the 7th floor and was one of 18 condos in the building being auctioned off. This one overlooks the private beach owned by the condo owners. There's also a pool, gym, game room, etc. etc. Luckily, I didn't much care for the color of the cabinets in the kitchen, so we moved on to look at other condos:

 Day 9: The girls bid a fond farewell to Zoo Camp, which is always a highlight of the week at the shore. The camp runs every morning, and the girls really get to explore the zoo, play games and learn things, without really knowing that they are learning:


Day 10: We got home and Rob tried to escape us a on my bike.I can't blame him though, as it took nearly four hours to get home since we had to stop for gas once, for Lizzie to use a bathroom once and then to get lunch because we'd been on the road for so many hours. It was good to be home for about 5 minutes, but I'm pretty sure we'd all love to be back again this week, too!
 

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

What a great week you had - good pictures. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time and memories to cherish.