Sunday, September 25, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Sept 25, 2011

Outside my window... Bright sunshine and no hint of fall that started a few days ago. The sun and warmth are a special gift because rain was predicted for most the day (week, month, etc. etc.)

I am thinking... that life is funny. Just when you think you've got it figured out things happen to open your eyes to new things -- both good and bad. I've been having one of the weeks and I am hopeful that the good things I'm seeing eventually overtake the difficult and challenging aspects of life.

I am thankful ... that I have once again found the dining room table under mounds of freshly laundered clothing.From the kitchen... not much going on in there right now. In a few minutes I'll make some sandwiches for an early fall picnic at one of our favorite parks. Dinner? I have no idea! I was planning some sort of roast, but it's too warm for that!

I am wearing... black, flowered dress, gold jacket (just got back from church and CCD).

I am creating... two essays to send to publications. I've been on a bit of an essay tear lately -- mostly about my Mom.

I am going ... on a picnic with Rob and the girls, and then to do some more cleaning and the girls need to interview Rob and I for a homework assignment.

I am reading... Family Fun Magazine. One of the things that I miss about summer is that I don't get to read as much. I try to get in a half hour when the girls are reading, but it's hard to concentrate when litte girls keep asking you "how much time do I have left?" every three seconds.

I am hoping... to get my house organized this week. The only problem with my only-clean-when-you're-having-company housekeeping plan is that eventually all the places you use to throw things where no one can see them, get full. And then you've got to clear them out. So that's what I'm doing this week (and last week!)

I am hearing... Dog barking, children laughing, birds outside the window -- typical Sunday morning stuff.

Around the house... did I mention that my dining room table is FINALLY clear of clothes. YAY! There is nothing good to say about the rest of my house though. But did I mention that my dining room table is FINALLY clear of clothes?

One of my favorite things... . this scene from iCarly. Yes, it's a kid show, but this scene (this is just a small part of it) always makes me laugh.

A few plans for the week ahead... The fall has hit with its usual busy, hectic pace. Today we'll do the picnic, but need to come home for homework. Then there's coffee with friends, piano class, dance class, Nutcracker rehearsal, work on a Brownie project, Lions Club for Rob, etc. etc. etc.

A Picture I am sharing... Last weekend Hannah and Lizzie and I attended a fund raiser put together by my friend Kathi's daughter, to support the Youth Corps for the Susan Komen 3-day, 60-mile walk in Philadelphia. Kathi was diagnosed with triple-negative breast cancer late last year and finished her treatmet a month or so ago. She's done the 3-day for several years and intends to do it again this year. Alexa (who is in 8th grade and knows Hannah and Lizzie through girl scouts and dance) is walking with her and has been holder her own fund raisers. She did a "Dance for the Cure" event at the dance studio and Hannah an Liz took a hip hop class (here they are showing off their hip hop stance), entered raffles (Lizzie won a basket with bath lotions and a beautiful pink scarf) an ate pink-frosted cupcakes. They had a great time, for a great cause.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice and I am glad that your dining room table is clean!!!! lol. Always enjoy the column.