Since Dad is just beginning his vacation in the Poconos for the seventh time, I thought this way back weekly should be a slideshow that I made of our very first vacation in the Poconos in 2006. Hannah and Lizzie were just about to turn 3 and Tommy had just turned 3. In retrospect--what the heck were Ann and I thinking???
I happened to find this video on one true media when I was looking or a different video and it got me all sappy about that first vacation. The first year we went to the Poconos, Aunt Ann and I and the kids spent one week in a townhome, and then Uncle T.A. and Dad (the girls' dad, not my dad!) joined us for the last week. My parents stayed nearby in a different condo (that had a much better pool!). It was during that vacation that I wrote the bulk of "The Verbal Behavior Approach."
The next summer my parents rented a house in Split Rock and we rented a condo in the place with the good pool. Aunt Ann and Uncle T.A. didn't spend the week that year as Brenna had just been born, but they made the trip for a few days. That vacation was very rainy and cold so my parents were bored and bought a six-week timeshare at Split Rock (doesn't everyone?). So for the past four years (this will be the fifth) we've spent a week all together there, watching the turtle races, hunting for golf balls, eating at Piggys, Terra Cottage and Hog Heaven and sitting in folding camp chairs in the front yards of our condos talking and talking and talking. I am SO looking forward to it again this year!! So here's the slideshow of our first-ever trip:
I happened to find this video on one true media when I was looking or a different video and it got me all sappy about that first vacation. The first year we went to the Poconos, Aunt Ann and I and the kids spent one week in a townhome, and then Uncle T.A. and Dad (the girls' dad, not my dad!) joined us for the last week. My parents stayed nearby in a different condo (that had a much better pool!). It was during that vacation that I wrote the bulk of "The Verbal Behavior Approach."
The next summer my parents rented a house in Split Rock and we rented a condo in the place with the good pool. Aunt Ann and Uncle T.A. didn't spend the week that year as Brenna had just been born, but they made the trip for a few days. That vacation was very rainy and cold so my parents were bored and bought a six-week timeshare at Split Rock (doesn't everyone?). So for the past four years (this will be the fifth) we've spent a week all together there, watching the turtle races, hunting for golf balls, eating at Piggys, Terra Cottage and Hog Heaven and sitting in folding camp chairs in the front yards of our condos talking and talking and talking. I am SO looking forward to it again this year!! So here's the slideshow of our first-ever trip:
2 comments:
Oh Tracy - that is SO nice!! What great memories you all have from the Poconos and now another year is coming up VERY soon! Have another great year and more wonderful memories to capture - which you do so well.
Good times and looking forward to the next. Just one correction Tracy, Tommy had just turned 4.
Ann.
Post a Comment