
For January 17, 2013
Outside my window... The sun, the sun, the sun!! Finally after a drippy, drizzly, soggy, can understand why everyone in Seattle is depressed few weeks here, the SUN finally came out. It's cold -- about 34 when I was running errands -- but the sun was out today. YAY!
I am thinking... how lucky I am to have blog readers who check in about my health and well-being when I haven't blogged in a while. Trust me, if there was anything wrong I'd TOTALLY blog about it!
I am thankful ... for my children who keep me laughing even when they are driving me crazy. After a particularly stressful day Lizzie (who spent much of the afternoon in her room writing essays about why you should not call your sister mean names) told me that she was no longer going to refer to her life as her life. She was going to forevermore refer to her existence as "my sorrow." Luckily she snapped out of her bad behavior the next morning, although there are always things to complain about in the Lizzie world.
From the kitchen... Chicken rigatoni and pesto sauce (store bought) for dinner. I made some cranberry bread yesterday and it's still sitting there (well half of it is -- girls took it to school today for snack). I know it's out of season, but the store had the whole berry cranberry sauce on sale and I bought a ton of it.
I am wearing... pink shirt, black leggings, ripped up shoes, fake suede big shirt.
I am creating... a story about Miranda Lambert for the Eagle and a brochure for my new business.
I am going ... to begin the new business (Happy Medium Life Coaching) in earnest in the coming weeks. I've already got sessions scheduled and now that Dear Abby has died I'm sure that there will be more people wanting advice! ;)
I am reading... The River Witch...I started it this weekend and am intrigued, but haven't found time to finish it yet.
I am hoping... for a great outcome for my mother-in-law's surgery on Tuesday. Can you keep her in your prayers please? Thanks!
I am hearing... Lizzie is coloring loudly (in fact she just apologized for coloring so loudly -- lots of paper shaking and banging) and Hannah is laughing occasionally at the movie she's watching on computer. She's got earphones on so I have no idea what the joke is but I expect it involves some bodily function. Hannah likes very broad comedy.
Around the house... we said goodbye to Christmas a week or so ago and the house is in pretty decent shape thanks to a cleanup and the fact that Hannah wanted me to type a paper for her and I traded the typing for her vacuuming the living room.
One of my favorite things... My Ninja blender system. It was a gift to myself from some of the Christmas money I got (I was going to buy a ring, but this is much more useful and I am LOVING it!) I can make the girls smoothies after school everyday and it does all sorts of other things (smoothies for me, too, blended in the cup you drink it from). It's fast and clean up is a breeze. I swear it's the really the most useful 99 bucks I've spent in a while.
A few plans for the week ahead... busy busy busy... I've got book club tomorrow and the girls have a birthday party on Sunday. Then there's dance and CCD and I've been
Pictures I am sharing... I haven't been taking many pictures lately ... once in a while I like to put the camera down and watch the world with my actual eyes, but I did manage to snap a couple when the girls tried sushi for the first time. Although it doesn't look like it, Hannah LOVED sushi. This picture was taken after she ate the (cooked) shrimp, but she loved the raw salmon and tuna. She even loved the seaweed wrap and took that off to eat separately. She did not care for the wasabi. Lizzie on the other hand looks sort of like she liked the sushi, but she did NOT. She ate the rice and that was about all. However, I did not even eat the rice. I don't "get" the idea of eating something raw that tastes marginal even when cooked: So you will never see a picture of me eating sushi for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment