Sunday, February 10, 2013

Catching Up!

Well hello everyone! Did you miss me and the rest of the Raz Report Crew? I took a little blog break because 1) I kept forgetting to blog; 2) My Internet connection has been very wonky and I keep getting tossed off; 3) I use my iPad most of the time now and there aren't any photos on it worth posting; 4) I kept forgetting to blog ;)

So here's what we've been up to for the last several weeks.

I am happy to report that I have avoided sickness. Rob and the girls, though, kept me busy with their sniffles and belly-aching. Rob had the worst of it and was in bed for several days. Lizzie complained for several days, but only missed one day of school. Hannah was just sick on a Saturday for about 15 minutes. We don't get flu shots and I think only Rob actually had the flu, which means he needs to get one next year. I got one last year since I started volunteering for hospice and felt sick for about three days after the shot, which I was told was normal as your immune system builds up. However, the previous 52 years I was sick for ZERO days with flu like symptoms, so I decided to skip the shot this year.

I also cut the girls' hair. Hannah wanted something dramatic that everyone would notice, so I chopped off a good six inches. Lizzie wanted only a tiny bit cut so that she could complain when NO ONE noticed her hair cut.

Here's Hannah before...


And after...


We've also been busy with girl scouts. It's cookie time and we've been trying to reach our goal. Last year the four of us (Rob sells them at work) sold more than 200 boxes. This year we hope to sell 150 with the increase in price. My troop decided they want to take a little trip with the money they earn (actually they want to either go on a cruise OR to Great Wolf Lodge, but we'd have to sell about a million boxes...) and we are thinking about doing an ovenight at the Philadelphia Zoo.
Here are Hannah and Liz selling cookies at a local convenience store. It was about 30 degrees outside, which is not that cold for the first hour. For the second hour 30 degrees is VERY cold. Luckily some people took pity on the girls and bought lots of cookies. One guy bought 12 boxes and another guy bought a couple boxes and then went into the store and came out with a hot chocolate for each girl. Oh, and we collected nearly $20 in direct donations, too!


We've also had playdates. I really like the girls' friends and never mind it when they visit. Here's Hannah and Phoebe and in the background you can see Sami and Lizzie (who is on the ground --I'm not sure why...) They made silly putty and perfume and ate lots of snacks. Oh, and they also watched a couple of episodes of "House of Anubis" a favorite show of 4th graders.


Let's see what else? I've been getting my new business off the ground. It's called Happy Medium Intuitive Life Coaching and I try to book sessions every week. This week I had zero, but next week I've got three, so I hope it all evens out. I've also been forced asked to be the Talent Show Coordinator for the elementary school talent show. Hannah's going to debut "On My Own" from Les Miz and Lizzie decided she doesn't like people looking at her, so she's not going to do anything.

Oh, and this past weekend has been all about Valentine's Day. The girls had to make a box for their Valentine's at school, as well as sign or make one for each kid in the class. Lizzie made hers and Hannah used store bought cards.


Rob's been busy, too, as his mom has been dealing with some medical issues (prayers for Connie are always appreciated!). We are ALL looking forward to warm weather, too, so we don't have to spend so much time in the house yelling and fighting with each other. :)

I've got a couple of Way Back's ready to go, so keep an eye out for them.

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Nice blog. Knew you would get to it!!