This was the scene right after Santa finished his (her) work. You can see some of the amazing wrapping Santa did, employing simple household items like garbage bags! Those big blue things in the front of the picture aren't body bags, by the way, they are the plasma cars that grandpa
The girls also selected gifts for us from a holiday shop at their school. Rob got this hat from Hannah and a pen with a similar sentiment from Lizzie. I have to agree with both the hat and the pen!!
The Furbys were a HUGE hit, as were the mp3 players and the gumball machine. In fact, I have to say that they have played with or worn or used every single gift they've gotten. And they were so excited to get so much stuff. And I have to say that two days after Christmas, the Furbys are kind of cute. In moderation!Lizzie was beyond thrilled when she saw this gift though! (Thanks to help from Santa Terry) I seriously thought my little I-Don't-Believe-In-Santa-Pessimist was going to burst into tears of joy when she took it out of the bag. She was dancing and laughing and hugging it. VERY VERY VERY happy with Santa (and now she's a total believer again since she knows that I would NEVER in a million years give her a dead thing...)
She's taken her mink with her everywhere. EVERYWHERE. As you can see ... even to bed:
I served prime rib for dinner and it was delicious. I'm not a big red meat eater, but once a year I cook roast beef for Rob (the #1 Dad deserves it!) and so while other families are gathering on Christmas Eve to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas or The Polar Express, I am reading Joy of Cooking to remember how to cook the beef! Also on the menu: mashed potatoes, turnip, glop (a family recipe that basically substitutes canned asparagus for the green beans in green bean casserole), rolls and creamed onions. Here's everyone getting ready to dig in:
Then Rob (#1 Dad) cleared the table and cleaned up the kitchen while I relaxed. About an hour or so later we our dessert of cream puffs (store bought, but I dipped them in chocolate!) and pumpkin pie. We also ate some of Aunt Tina's delicious cookies!
And, because they behaved really well during dinner, Rob decided to share his dessert coffee with the Furbys:
Tomorrow (I'm writing this on Friday) the rest of the Rasmussens will visit to distribute even more gifts and eat lasagna!






3 comments:
Love the blog. Had to really laugh about the "fur" Lizzie has. Her great grandmother had one of those that she wore on special occasions. Hadn't seen one of those in many a year! Think your mother wore it also. Great pictures and it certainly looks like everyone had a wonderful day!!
OMG...laughing as I show Brenna the picture of Hannah and Lizzie with their Furby's and then keep scanning down to the picture of Lizzie wearing her mink.....Brenna's face was priceless as she said "is that real" ....tooo funny. Glad lizzie is enjoying it.
I still have the 'family' fur from Ging Ging and Mom in my closet.
Post a Comment