
For December 9, 2012
Outside my window... It's dark (it's 7 p.m. as I am writing this) but it was raining and dreary all day. Kind of perfect weather to get Dad bored enough to bring the Christmas tree up from the basement. It's warm though -- doesn't exactly feel like a couple weeks until Christmas.
I am thinking... that (so far) we have dodged the family sickness bullet. Lizzie had a virus that turned into bronchitis and kept her home for much of last week, but Hannah just had the virus yesterday and was much better today. So far Rob shows no sign of sickness. Whew!
I am thankful ... for a husband who manages to keep me sane when I've spent three days pretty much locked in a house with a sick child who does NOT like feeling any discomfort at all and moans and groans about it all. day. long. ALL. DAY. LONG.
From the kitchen... Rob made chocolate chip pancakes for dinner tonight. Tomorrow I will take inventory of the baking situation and see if we've got everything for plum pudding!
I am wearing... a salmon shirt, black pants and my hunter green slanket for warmth. (Because it is cold in the family room!)
I am creating... our holiday haiku, coming soon (but not too soon) to a mailbox near you!
I am going ... to get my photo gallery up in the dining room before Christmas. Although maybe not Christmas 2012!
I am reading... I just finished Wally Lamb's "Wishin' and Hopin'" which is this month's book club selection. It was a light read, very nostalgic for those of us born in the 50s!
I am hoping... that Lizzie goes to school tomorrow (Hannah, too) because Mrs. Claus is SERIOUSLY behind in the Christmas preparations.
I am hearing... "The Nutcracker" movie version -- a Netflix selection for the girls before bed TV time.
Around the house... the Christmas Tree is up, but not yet decorated. We are awaiting the announcement from Dad that it's time to decorate!
One of my favorite things... my iPad. I thought I'd just use it once in a while when I wasn't near my laptop, but I use it for EVERYTHING except note-taking for interviews. I thought I'd have to buy a new laptop this year, but the iPad has probably delayed that by at least another year (and I got an older, refurbished one and it works great!!)
A few plans for the week ahead... Well, it's the Christmas season so the calendar is pretty full. The girls have their Lions Cub meeting and I'm interviewing psychic Sylvia Brown. I seem to recall there's a science and a math test this week, too. I've got a dentist appointment tomorrow (blech) and the week will be capped off by an exciting trip up north for the Garrity family Christmas. Can't wait!!!
Pictures I am sharing... Anyone who knows Hannah knows how much she loooooves babies (and hamsters) so she was especially excited when my friend Gretchen stopped by with her newborn (and adopted, just like Hannah) son Luca.

2 comments:
Great updates on many things! Glad most everyone is well right now. Looking forward to the Sylvia interview. Wonderful picture of Hannah!
Tracy,
Beautiful pic of Hannah with the baby. Soooo sweet.
Hope you are doing well. You know how much I enjoy all the updates. :)
Rekha
Post a Comment