Saturday, December 1, 2012

Way Back Weekly

I didn't have to go too far back in the archives to get this photo, which is of Hannah and Lizzie checking out the large blow-up Santa outside of our house about six or seven years ago. Since it's December 1st I thought a Christmassy photo was in order.
I chose this photo because it's December 1st, but also because it made me laugh out loud when I saw it. It's probably mid December and both girls are outside in barefeet. Lizzie is wearing a Cinderella dress and Hannah is wearing her nightgown. Hannah thought enough to grab a scarf before coming outside while Lizzie is depending on dubba (her beloved blanket) to keep her warm. But what's really funny is that I AM TAKING THE PICTURE instead of telling my barefooted, barely dressed children to get back in the house.

We still have this Santa blow up, but something happened to the blower in the chimney so it kind of hangs off to the side and just looks really, really wrong. The penguins are still cute, though. As are the little girls.

1 comment:

Aunt Anonymous said...

I remember when they were worried about Santa coming down the chimney when it was lit at our house! Nice memories!