This is a holiday questionnaire (called a meme in cyberspeak!) that's making the rounds (again) so I thought I'd share my answers with you. If you've got a blog, feel free to post your own answers (or you can even copy and post in the comments if you'd like!)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? See right off the bat I've got a problem. I love them both. If I have to choose I think I'd choose my own homemade eggnog (which I can't make because you use so many raw eggs everyone would be sick with salmonella) or pretty much anyone's hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa does not wrap at all. Mrs. Claus, however, wraps things until she is tired or bored or both.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored, although (and this will come as a surprise to no one) Rob prefers white lights. We have compromised by having NO lights on the outside of our home.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, but it's fake.
5. Tacky holiday sweaters: yea or nay? I have a couple and I love them. Although I do not believe they are tacky..
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Cranberry bread with cream cheese. I only make it during the holidays.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The year I got my unicycle...oh wait, I never got that gift. :) So instead I'd say it was the first Christmas we spent in Somers and we went to the tree lighting and every child there got a "big" gift from Santa. I got some sort of tea set. Then we had hot chocolate and sang carols.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Wait... is Santa a girl? A vampire? A Republican? What truth are you talking about????
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My parents opened theirs on Christmas Eve, we opened ours in the morning. Now Rob and I and girls all open on Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It's prelit so we put it together hang the ornaments and place a star at the top of the tree. For a few years we followed the Rasmussen tradition that Santa brought the Christmas tree, but that was a lot of work for Christmas Eve and Santa didn't do it anyway. Mrs Claus put an end to that a few years ago.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I don't have to drive in it.
12. Can you ice skate? Used to be able to. These days I have trouble staying upright walking on grass, so I'm not going to even try ice again.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I think it was the year we got Tammy.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family. And presents. :)
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Plum pudding or (if I haven't made the pudding) pumpkin pie.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Even though we haven't done it for a few years, I always loved the mystery gift that my mom picked out and sent to each of the kids to guess what it was. I still have a few of those gifts (the oven rack puller, for instance!) which turned out to be useful items.
17. What tops your tree? A star on the big tree and an angel on the little pink tree (for my lenox ornaments).
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I love to buy presents for people! (It's nice to get presents, too!)
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Once a year they are okay.
20. Favorite Christmas show? "It's a Wonderful Life" or "Rudolph."
21. Saddest Christmas Song? The Christmas Shoes. I will change the station if I hear the first few notes of it. AND they made a movie out of it, too.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night or The Lonesome Travellers "Auld Lang Syne" on the banjo
2 comments:
Love this posting. I ALSO remember you getting Tammy and Hmmmm plum pudding - have not had that in so many years!! Oh, so good and so rich but it WAS Christmas. Such a reminder of my childhood, too.
I'm with you on the Christmas Shoes song (and I don't even listen to country!) Might we have some plum pudding this year?? And I can't believe your favorite tradition isn't Christmas Eve pizza ;)
Post a Comment