I learned a few things this weekend:
1) I am not an engineer
2) I am not an architect
3) I am not a landscaper
4) I am lucky none of these skills are really necessary in building a gingerbread house ... or four
Sunday, after we got home from the Garrity Christmas Weekend, the girls and I decided to put together the little gingerbread house village I bought this year.
I'm going to say that it was because I was tired that I was unable to figure out which pieces were roofs and which were sides. I don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't want me building your house on a good day.
So after Hannah and Lizzie explained to me that my houses did NOT look like the picture on the front of the box I discovered that THERE WERE PICTURES ON THE FRONT OF THE BOX and I took apart the monstrosities that I had constructed and put them together the right way and let Hannah and Lizzie loose on them.
Here Lizzie works very carefully to place the little candies. Lizzie not only decorated the house, she also created some landscaping:
Hannah was (and this is no surprise to anyone) just as interested in eating the candy as she was in putting it on her houses.
Here's one of Hannah's creations. She wanted to put lights on the trees, but the best we could do was to surround them:
And here is one of Lizzie's houses. As you can see, she created a walkway so people can get into her house:
And here's the whole village. Both girl planned to eat the houses, but when they discovered that the frosting dries practically rock hard they decided to just look at them until they wanted to pull the candy off of them. Which for Hannah has already begun! (And yes, they are going for haircuts soon!!)





1 comment:
You are so funny - the girls did a great job and your mother would be pleased - about the haircuts!!! lol.
Post a Comment