We haven't seen Ging Ging in awhile so I found this photo to share with you. I am nearly certain that it was taken at my Aunt Mary and Uncle Al's house in Massachusetts, but I'm not sure of the time of year. My guess is that it's sometime in the fall because we are all wearing long sleeves, but the table is so nicely set (and I am wearing a tie, after all) that I'm thinking it must have been a holiday of some sort -- Thanksgiving maybe? Of course my Aunt Mary always had a beautiful house and a beautiful table so that's not really a clue.
The only date on the picture is December and I do recall one or two get-togethers around the holidays in Massachusetts. Of course this photo could have been developed in December of 2002 for all I know.
I was rocking the 70s shag and Aunt Anonymous had the Laurie Partridge look, so my guess is that the year is about 1970 or 1971 making me 12 and Aunt Anonymous 13. Oh and those two beautiful kids on Ging Ging's right are my cousins Mary Kay (who seriously looks exactly the same now as she did as a kid!) and Aunt Tina, who in this picture is probably around 5 making my estimate of 1971 more accurate.
Oh, and for those who were having trouble posting comments I removed the captcha (where you had to type in the right words to prove you weren't a robot) so now you should just be able to comment ALL the time. :)

3 comments:
It was Thanksgiving because of the flowers, I will have Aunt Mary tell you the date, Uncle Al
Thanks for commenting about the table and house. I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE YEAR---1971.
I LOVE YOUR BLOGS.
Aunt MARY
Thanks Aunt Mary and Uncle Al ... I love it when a mystery is solved!!
Post a Comment