Here are the pictures to describe some of it:
The girls had most of Thanksgiving Week off. They had half days on Monday and Tuesday and then vacation through the weekend. So what did I do? I threw a party! I occasionally apply for House Party events and this one was to promote Snapfish photo books. Since I love the books, it was easy for me to talk them up among my friends. And so when I was selected to hold the party (they sent these nifty photo props as well as cookie cutters and lots of coupons!) I decided to make an afternoon event of it. Here's my friend Amy (at least I THINK that's who this is!) using some of the props.
In fact, here's the whole group. The kids decorated cookies and played "run around the house and scream like girls" for much of the afternoon, but a fun time was had by all.
Here's Hannah getting propped out by Felicia (holding the lips) and Zoe.
We had so much fun with the props (and the cookie decorating) that we did it all over again a couple hours later when my Junior troop came over to meet. Yes, that's TWO parties in one day. (My house only had to be cleaned ONCE though!!) Here are a couple of my scouts ... I'm not sure which ones:
We celebrated the girls birthday at home on Wednesday (followed by Nutcracker rehearsal) and then got an early start to Grandma's house on Thanksgiving Day. As you can see, Cash was momentarily confused by the pecking order in our car and tried to take my seat!
We got to Grandma's house in plenty of time to enjoy this delicious turkey. Grandma Connie is a great cook and always makes sure to make me lots of mashed potatoes -- sometimes enough that I even share them:
Here's the whole gang (and you can see that huge dish of mashed potatoes proudly displayed, can't you?) getting ready to dig in:
After dinner it was time to relax and celebrate birthdays (again). Here are the girls with Aunt Linda:
And here is Hannah with the starfish that Uncle Dude gave her:
The starfish was only upstaged by the blowfish that Lizzie got from Uncle Dude. This past summer when we visited Lizzie saw this blowfish and had a FIT when I wouldn't buy it for her. It is now hanging in her bedroom:
Birthday cake time!! (Again!) I love this picture so much. I love that the girls are doing their best to blow out all the candles and Grandma is helping in the background. So sweet!!
After dinner it was time for the Rasmussen family aerobics, which included a walk on the beach. The area was hit by Hurricane Sandy and there was a lot of beach erosion in Stone Harbor. At Reed's Beach, where this picture was taken, whole houses were washed out to sea, leaving just the pylons behind:Things were a little better in Stone Harbor, where the dunes managed to save much of the island, although the beach (and the gazebo) will need a lot of work before summer starts:
We'll be there though ... same as always:
When Rob, Lizzie and I got back from the beach we saw that Uncle Dude had put Hannah to work taking care of the gazillion leaves that had fallen thanks to the hurricane and, well, fall:
Hannah was so pooped out that this is what happened about 30 minutes later (and I don't think it was just the turkey!) It was a great way to end a wonderful week:













No comments:
Post a Comment