Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Weekend

Things sure have been busy 'round here as the clock ticks toward Christmas 2012. Here are some pictures of just some of the things we've been doing:

On Friday I went into the girls' school to help out with Hannah's class Christmas (or is it holiday?) party. This is Hannah and her best friend Phoebe. These two met during kindergarten round-up (the spring before kindergarten) and have been good friends ever since:

And here is Hannah playing the "balance the ornament" game. We also did a marshmallow game and a guess how many tootsie rolls are in the jar game. Oh and there was LOTS of food.
Whenever I go into one classroom I usually try to stop by the other girls' class, too, just to say hi. When I stopped by Lizzie's classroom they were getting ready to play some pass the candy cane game (that's not the teacher explaining it, that's my friend Stacie who in real life is an Egyptologist and my card-making buddy!) Lizzie's off to the left of the photo looking very interested in the game (or the candy canes!)

On Saturday we went to see "Annie" with the Girl Scouts. It was the local community theater production and really quite good. We all had a great time (even though I can't find the photo I took --  but if you're on facebook you've already seen it!) But before we went to "Annie" Beanie stopped by to do some gift exchanging and share a cup of tea at the St. Peter's bakery. Oh, and to drop off some cookies that are right now sitting on a plate on my island, awaiting Santa!

 On Sunday we went to a Christmas party (didn't take pictures) and drove around looking at the lights. Lots of good displays out there and Lizzie has decided that our house is BORING and next year we are going to have lots and lots of lights. 
Christmas Eve took us to Terry's house for our annual Christmas Eve pizza get together. As you can see a great time was had by all, especially Bob who isn't pictured, but enjoyed nearly an entire pizza all by himself.
We also had crackers ... Hannah helped Shelby pull hers open:
Lizzie's crown was just a smidge too big, I think:
When we got home, it was time to feed the reindeer. And did I mention we had a couple of inches of snow? It happened mostly when the girls and I were at Mass making driving home a little dicey (icy!) but we still managed to make it to Terry's house! Here's Lizzie making sure Santa's reindeer are well taken care of!
We finished off the evening listening to Rob play "Silent Night" on the piano. Then it was off to bed for the girls, Midnight Mass for Rob and wrapping, displaying and cooking for me!
I'll post pictures of the big morning doings tomorrow sometime:

No comments: