I need to catch up on a few things ... the first is Easter!
We had a great weekend, even though I succumbed to a cold that eventually turned into a touch of the bronchitis. I'm never one to allow a little illness to get in the way of a holiday celebrated with chocolate, so I rallied and was able to have a great day with family and friends.
Things got started on Saturday when the Garritys showed up. I have to say that Hannah and Lizzie always have a fun holiday when their partners in crime arrive from New York. Here are the four of them getting reading for an Easter Egg hunt:
And they're off:
The adults must have hidden about 5,000 eggs and we're pretty sure the kids found all of them except one, which we found the next day. Although last year we found an egg about a month later, so it's possible there are still some out there in the front yard.
The eggs were filled with candy, toys, and little notes that said things like "You can stay up an extra 30 minutes." Those notes were put in the eggs by Aunt Ann, but found by MY CHILDREN, so now I am honor bound to let them stay up 30 minutes later one night. Luckily the note did not specify a year...
Here they are with the loot (and Uncle TA):
And some of the toys I put in the eggs. In fact I put at least a dozen cute little duck/bunnies in the eggs which made Brenna very happy:
And Tommy, not so much...:
It was soon after they left for the evening that I started to feel really badly, so for some reason I did not take a photo after the Easter Bunny left the premises. Suffice it to say that he left behind MUCH candy and a couple of stuffed animals. And more candy.
The next morning Rob and the girls went to church and then out to breakfast. I stayed home and blew my nose.
Mid-afternoon (after a loooong nap and lots of advil) we went to Aunt Terry's house for the Easter dinner. It was delicious and that's not the advil talking! The girls had fun with their cousins again, and Aunt Ann and learned how to make flowers out of paper napkins, so it was a wonderful afternoon. Aunt Beanie came to eat, too, so that was a super bonus. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I took that afternoon, so there is no photographic evidence of the delicious meal or the person who prepared it (sorry, Terry -- maybe next Easter!)
After this picture was taken we came home and I went to bed and woke up two weeks later all better....







1 comment:
Great update! Thank you. Boy, Brenna is looking so much older. Seems everyone had a great time - lots of eggs and I am sure a wonderful meal at Terry and Ray's house. Glad you eventually recovered!
Post a Comment