This isn't a new blog feature, this is an actual question. Does anyone on the Garrity side (and I'm looking at you, Dad) know who this chick is?
I ask because Hannah and Lizzie both looked at it separately and asked: "Mom, is this a picture of you from the olden days?"
And I have to admit, she does look like me. Like, a lot. And not just because of this woman's extraordinary fashion sense. Oh, the only thing I know about this picture is that it's a tintype and those were popular from the 1860s through the early 1900s.
For some reason I think it's Aunt Tillie, but then I'm not really sure if I even have an Aunt Tillie or if that is just family folklore because we had a painting that we called Aunt Tillie.
Anyway, here's the photo:
So does anyone know who my doppleganger is?

3 comments:
Have no idea who it is, but exactly how old do H & L think you are? That picture is pretty old and I'm asking because however old you are, I am older!!!!! Aunt Anonymous
Are we related to Annie Oakley? That's who I think she looks like. Also, Aunt Tilly I remember being referred to as Tante Tilly which translates to Aunt Matilda who I think was Dad's aunt (?) Always remember hearing about her in the threesome of Tante Tilly, Tante Gussie and Tante May. (Not that any of this helps you identify the picture! :)
Don't worry Aunt A, I always tell them that no matter how old they think I am, YOU are a year older! ;)
And Terry, Dad thinks this might be his grandmother, but he wasn't sure. He said it wasn't Tante Tillie, though.
Post a Comment