Monday, August 26, 2013

Poconos 2 of 3

Oh how we love the food in the Poconos! (I love it just because I don't have to cook it!!) We make a point to stop at our favorite restaurants a couple times during the week. Here are the girls with Aunt Anonymous and Aunt Beanie outside of Hog Heaven, where we always go for ice cream (more than once!)

And here are Rob and Aunt Beanie at Piggys, which is right next to Hog Heaven. We always go there for breakfast on our last full day in the Poconos because the girls get to pick out a toy from the gift shop if they've been good all week. Or really, if they've just been mediocre during the week....
While we waited for our meal, Hannah drew this picture and the waitress said they would have it laminated and use it as a placemat in the future. Hannah was very excited, so I think we need to go back to Piggys at least once a week to see when it gets into placemat circulation:
Lizzie went more for realism (the finished product will also be a placemat) and copied the pig on the kids' menu. She wants to make sure everyone knows she did NOT trace it, but drew it freehand, which is why her tail is longer...:
Grandpa takes the gang out for dinner one night during the week, when the most people are available. This dinner was attended by the Anonymouses, us, Grandpa, Aunt Terry and Shelby and Aunt Beanie. It is always a good time and this year the waiter suggested that Hannah and Liz get Shirley Temples. They loved them and even knew who Shirley Temple was (due to their mother's love of old movies, I think!) Here's Lizzie and Shirley:
Here is Hannah trying a mussel for the first time. She loved it, which didn't surprise me because she loves most shellfish and bottom feeders. (YECH!) Lizzie tried one, too, and said it was okay, but she didn't feel the need to have any more ever in her life.
Here's Rob with his hot fudge sundae at Hog Heaven.
And here we all are with Aunt Beanie at what turned out to be our best-tasting meal of the week. We went for the (cheap!) pasta special on Sunday night and had some delicious pastas and sauces. Really good stuff. I know that I like the Romana sauce the best but can't think of the noodle... some sort of long, flat egg noodly thing. It was a really great dinner.

2 comments:

Aunt Anonymous said...

I think I even see a smiling Dad in the mussel picture! Nice write up...I think you captured the week!

Aunt Brenda said...

All great pictures from the whole week. You obviously had a wonderful time and now can look forward to another family reunion next year.