Here's Lizzie on the surfboard/flowrider. The guy running it this year didn't seem too enthusiastic, so neither one of them tried to stand up (they noticed that if you stood up and fell, the guy didn't give you another chance!) So they both rode on their bellies and had a great time:
These are the leap pads and you can jump across them, as Lizzie did...
Or you can crawl across them as Hannah did (she also walked across them):
THis is Lizzie standing under the mushroom that is sort of like a rain umbrella:
And here are the girls and a friend (I swear that Hannah makes friends EVERYWHERE she goes) on the family slide. I went down with them, too, and had my usual good time!
Here's Hannah on one of the single tubes. The lines were not long by the middle of the day and Rob took them back after dinner when there were NO lines, so they were up and down and up and down for about six hours!
Artsy picture of Lizzie just as the giant bucket of water was hitting her:
Of course there's a lot more to do in the Poconos in addition to the Water Park and it's really all about family. Here's Grandpa (our host for the week) and the girls.
Here's probably one of my favorite pictures from the week. This is Aunt Anonymous doing yoga with Hannah and Lizzie. This is appropriately called the Warrior Pose. This was followed by a push up contest between Aunt Anonymous and Aunt Beanie, of which I have no photos (it was forbidden) but it all made me just so happy that my daughters get to spend this time each year with their incredible aunts!
Uncle Anonymous visited, too, but (as far as I know) he doesn't do yoga, so here's a picture of him at dinner:
Here are Hannah and Lizzie hanging out on the shore of Big Boulder Lake in the late evening:

And of course, it's not the Poconos unless we see some wildlife. We fed this deer a couple of sweet potato wedges and the girls were very impressed with how close she let us get to her and her babies (she had twins). Of course I told them that I often used food to get them to come to me when they were babies, too. My friend Kara loves to tell the story about how they'd come running out of preschool in opposite directions and I'd yell that there were french fries in the car and they'd be in their car seats seconds later. So food works on ALL animals, I think. Make sure to keep reading as there are three of these posts!











2 comments:
I have only one word...namaste!
Great picture of the Anonymous Aunt and Uncle!! lol.
Post a Comment