It's BACK!
When I was in the Poconos my dad gave me several albums full of photos (most of people I don't know!) with enough photos to keep us in Way Back Weeklies for a good long time to come. Here's the first one:
I'm starting with this one because it's actually dated AND I recognize everyone in the photo. The picture is dated April, 1969 so it's a safe bet that this was an Easter photo taken at the house in Somers when my cousins Mary Kay (on the left) and Ann Elizabeth (on the right) were visiting. Also, we are dressed up (especially T.A. in that nifty jacket...) and it looks like someone did my hair in kind of an Annette Funicello send-up so it was some sort of special occasion.
There must have also been a run on bows somewhere since both Aunt Anonymous and I are wearing them. I speak only for myself, but I am pretty sure once we got a look at this photo (or, you know, a mirror) it was the last time we wore bows.
Tina probably looks the best out of all of us (because I swear my mom used to like to put a part in T.A.'s hair and you can sort of see it, and that it never worked) but I do have to tell everyone that she's wearing a hand-me-down dress (the price for being the youngest of four girls ... although it's quite possible T.A. is ALSO wearing a hand-me-down from one of us, too...) That dress has appeared in a few other pictures of ME, so at least she has good taste.
So, in April of 1969 I was 10 years old, Aunt A was 11, Terry was 8 (she turned 9 in June) and the twins were two (they turned three, also in June). I believe my cousin Mary Kay is a year younger than me and Ann was a year younger than Terry (but I'm sure Uncle Al will correct this if it's wrong -- now we are holding steady at 29!)
Basically this is a revelation that when this picture was taken I am the same age as my daughters are now (although I was in 6th grade because of the way they based birthdays for the school year).
I just showed them this picture and they both laughed at my very stylish hair-do but then said I look EXACTLY the same (which is why I love them and need to take them to the eye doctor...).

3 comments:
Really nice picture,Mary Kay was born in 1960 and Ann in 1962 you are correct, Nice to see your way back weeklies, Uncle Al
What were we (or maybe Mom!)thinking with those bows!!!!!
Thanks Uncle AL, so Terry and Mary Kay were born in the same year and then Ann two years later. (Of course now we have all stopped counting the years!)
And Aunt A, I am pretty sure that WE had nothing to do with those bows. Or T.A.'s jacket. :)
Post a Comment