Was the last time I blogged really March 15? Wow.
Okay, so it's time for some catch-up.
First up ... the Lincoln Center Weekend.
Lizzie's dance company was invited to participate in an event at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall waaaaaay back in March. She rehearsed for it every weekend and she made the trip by bus while the rest of us Rasmussens were in the car.
It was ALMOST like Lizzie was with us, though, since she texted me about 15 times and sent me TWO videos of her on the bus. She called me a few times. For those of you doing the math -- this was all in the 2ish hours it takes from our house to NYC.
She was most impressed with the bathroom and the televisions on the bus. Oh, yeah, and NYC was kind of cool, too.
We arrived a little before the show started which was good because while Rob parked the car 17 blocks from LC (he had a coupon!) he also dropped me off about a mile away from the entrance. So it took Hannah and I a good 20-minutes to find our way. I did have to ask a subway cop how to get to Avery Fisher Hall (much to my chagrin he did NOT say "practice.") because we had taken so many twists and turns.
And I got a blister.
It was worth it though. Lizzie had a great time, looked beautiful and the other performances were good enough to hold my interest.
AND, we got to spend the rest of the weekend with the New York Garritys!
Here's the photographic evidence:
Lizzie, guess where? :
These are the somewhat iconic fountains at Lincoln Center. (And by iconic they were there when I lived in the city in the 1980s!)
Here's the Lincoln Center Gang. We gave Lizzie the elephant Beanie Boo for her collection because we were going to Somers after the show:
Hey, who are those people waaaaaay up there outside the third balcony?
It's these three. Lizzie and the rep company watched the show from way up here, while Rob, Hannah and I had orchestra seats.
Did I mention it POURED the whole time we were there. (Even in the fountains picture above, you can see her squinting into the rain!)
And then it was on to Tommy and Brenna's house (as I was told 14,000 times during the show...) Here everyone is eating homemade waffles with chocolate chips.
And being generally silly. It always amazed me how much taller Tommy is than the girls since he is only 5 months older than they are!
Hannah, getting her hip hop on for the TALENT SHOW!! Yes, even though Aunt Anonymous was not there to coordinate (and you'll see how much we needed her, in a few pictures...) the kids sallied forth with a talent show:
The dog was already scared and it hadn't even started yet!
There was a sword fight:
Tommy constructed something (i have no idea what) from legos while Hannah did some sort of interpretive dance behind him:
Lizzie was the emcee for the show:
Brenna provided the cuteness and a few songs (and possibly a magic trick):
But then suddenly, it all went horribly wrong:
I have no idea what's going on here ... but we did make the kids promise to never again attempt a talent show without Aunt A. :)















1 comment:
looks like a good time was had by all!
Post a Comment