Monday, April 3, 2017

Another whirlwind weekend - with Kleenex!

So this weekend was a lot like last weekend, except for a lot more sneezing and coughing.
I started to feel sick on Wednesday and fought it off valiantly for two days, but succumbed Friday morning to a headcold.
It wasn't too bad, except that the last thing I wanted to do was talk - and I had a party Friday night and then clients on Saturday morning.
But enough about me!
Lizzie's dance company performed at Walnut Woods Assisted Living on Saturday afternoon. It always amazes me how the dancers can adapt to just about anything and in this case it was a slippery wooden floor and an audience of people who thought they were whispering when, in fact, they were nearly yelling.
But all's well that ends well and the dancers got enthusiastic applause and lots of compliments when they came out after the show. Also I got Dunkin' Donuts on the way home, so that's always a win for me!
Liz performed her blue bird solo, but also learned the Little Red Riding Hood duet this week and performed that, too.
The group also performed Red Rain (Peter Gabriel) and had to work with large sheets of plastic. Here's a picture of that dance:

On Sunday I got my level 2 Reiki Certificate, so now I'm fully certified to offer this. Yay!!! Here I am with my graduating class. I've already reikiied Hannah and Lizzie and the dog, so I'm well on my way!
Then I came home and collapsed on the couch waiting for April the Giraffe to give birth - which she did not. And sneezed and coughed my way into Monday.

No comments: