It won't be the first time, as we usually stayed at home for this holiday, but for the last several years we've had Rob's brother and sister over and it's always fun to see them.
This time of quarantine is annoying not so much because we need to see our loved ones, but because we can't. There is a world of difference between someone sitting across your dinner table and someone on the phone. Believe me, I am grateful for the phone and zoom and facetime, but now that we've been only communicating that way for a month, I really miss the face to face convos.
But it's just one more holiday - not forever.
Having said that, though, I've been looking through photo books that I "inherited" from my parents' house and found a couple of gems that I believe were from Easter past, although I am not certain. It just looks like we are dressed for Easter and I'm not sure if there were other times we got that dressed up for church! And I DO remember the Monahans visiting us for at least a couple of Easters. The picture with baby Mike has me stumped though, as I cannot really any time when Aunt Brenda was at the house with Aunt Mary, Uncle Al and the kids ... but here is the picture proof that it happened!
I think this picture was probably taken when I was 11ish. The twins look to be about 3. I should also note that Beaning is wearing a dress that Tally and/or I wore for Easters way back in the day!

This is the one I am not sure of. I am probably 12 or 13 and that baby is definitely Michael, but I cannot for the life of me remember when were all gathered at the house on Hilltop. I had to post though, because of T.A.'s outfit. That is something we should never forget!!
This is probably Easter 2014ish. Rob and the girls and their Beanie Boos!
One year we had the Garritys over (we went to Terry's house for Easter dinner) and we did an Easter Egg hunt. I'm thinking maybe 2011?
It was definitely a year when Easter was early, which is why the kids are all wearing coats!
The girls supported some of their Girl Scout friends at this Breakfast with the Bunny one year. This was probably 2015 or 2016.
I will post about our quarantined Easter early next week.
Other updates for this week:
Hannah got all of her driving hours in to get her license. Sadly the DMV is closed so who knows when she will get to take the test.
School is officially closed until the end of the academic year. Both girls are sad about that because while they don't like the learning part at a school, they do like the social part. And now ALL they are doing is the learning part. :( I feel terrible for the seniors though, as they won't have any of their activities. Even prom is canceled (may be postponed, though, not sure about that yet.)
The girls were supposed to have their wisdom teeth out on Wednesday, but that was postponed until May. I doubt they will do the surgery then, either. But whatever - it's not like they'll be missing any school for it!
Everyone is good (just had a big scare when the power went out for an hour - I can handle home confinement, but I need the internet!!) Lizzie is still dancing. Hannah is still singing. I am watching Monk and Psych reruns and Rob is growing a beard. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment