I put her skates on and she was off, dragging me and her sister behind her.
Hannah on the other hand was terrified and cried until I brought her back to the bleachers. I tried to bring Lizzie back, too, but she was having NONE of that.
I had the roller skate guy tighten the bolts on Hannah's skates so they wouldn't roll too much and then she, too was off.
They both fell a lot. Some of the other parents were looking at me oddly because, you know, in this day and age, you don't let your children take wild leaps on wheels and then fall flat on their faces but I just responded with a wistful, 'they certainly are daredevils, aren't they?' See, I am not of this day and age and besides, they LIKED falling. And, truth be told, I tripped a couple of times myself and I wasn't even wearing skates. :)
Anyway, a great time was had by all and it wasn't long before I noticed other parents letting their kids skate and fall, too. The Rasmussens are such trend setters!
Here's Lizzie getting fancy on skates.

And here's Hannah taking a turn around the roller rink.

Lizzie really starting to zoom around the rink:
Hannah doing some sort of dance with the bigger girls (she LOVES being a part of the older crowd!):
They really had a great time. My favorite part though was when Hannah skated in the middle of the whole crowd and did the Hokey Pokey all by herself! It was priceless. Here's Hannah smiling at me after she was done (sorry for the quality of these photos, the lighting was terrible and my flash doesn't illuminate much!)
And finally ... here's a picture of Lizzie who didn't stop skating for about 2 solid hours and then the batteries just ran out. :) The little girl in the background is her friend Addy, from school.
No comments:
Post a Comment