First, I'd like to announce that exactly one year ago today we closed on our house so we've officially been here for an entire year. One day I hope to get to the boxes in the basement. But not today.
Today was all about Halloween and parades and candy.
Hannah and Liz both decided about a month ago, that they wanted to be ballerinas, using some of their cousin Shelby's costumes from when she was about their age. Here they are in their cuteness:

Here's Hannah in (I think -- we all know I'm clueless when it comes to ballet) third position. This is amazing in so many ways, not the least of which is that she didn't fall over. Hannah has blossomed in dance class and is way more coordinated that she used to be and downright graceful. They both made adorable ballerinas:
Here's a close up of the Hannah Banana:
And a close up of our silly Little Bit:
These next two pictures are of the Halloween Parade. All the kids go outside in the parking lot of the school and then march around grade by grade. Then we all went inside for a party. But I love these two pictures because they show the differences in Hannah and Lizzie. Below is Hannah who is so excited that I'm there and that (once again!) I have my camera and I'm yelling, "Hi Hannah!" so she waves and gives me a big smile so I can take her picture. As opposed to her sister ...
...who pretty much likes to pretend that I'm not around when we're in public together. I remember the summer before her fourth birthday we went to a concert at the local library and I was be-bopping to the music and Lizzie looked and me and said as quietly as she could, "Mom ... please ... no dancing." Here I got just a little bit of a hand wave:
Finally, I discovered this picture while I was photo editing something else. It's Lizzie and her friend Ava (whom I met today at the party -- did I mention I was one of the Mom helpers and it was a lot of fun) and if you look closely you'll see they are holding hands. How sweet is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment