Here's my big news of the week. I earned my 10 pound weight loss (actually 10.5 pounds if you're counting, which I am!) ribbon at Weight Watchers on Monday night. I took a picture of it with my "after" picture. I know most people wait until, you know, they've actually LOST the weight to show an after picture, but since this is what I hope to look like when I'm done, I'm posting it and my ribbon together.This picture was taken (I think) just prior to my parents' 35th wedding anniversary, which makes me about 33 years old. Of course I'm not 33 anymore and will require much plastic surgery to look this way again, but STILL, it's my after picture. Why? Because it's one of only a handful of photos that actually exist of me and it's probably the only picture ever taken of me that I actually like. I even like the fact that for a photo that was supposed to be an anniversary gift for my parents, I'm wearing a tee shirt and jeans.
So that's 10 pounds gone. YAY!! Lots more to go, but I'm on my way.
If you've gotten this far, I'm going to reward you with a recipe. I made these today as a Valentine's Day treat and they are really, really good and healthy, too. This is an official Weight Watchers Recipe, but they call them something else, which I can't remember right now
Fake Rice Crispy Treats
3 Tablespoons Smart Balance Light butter
3 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups Fiber One cereal (just the regular kind, not flavored or sweetened)
5 cups Puffed Wheat cereal
Melt the butter and the marshmallows in a large pot stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and dump in the two cereals. Mix to coat everything. Then pour into a 9 x 13 pan that you've sprayed with some sort of releasing agent (like butter spray, but I used olive oil spray) and press firmly with the back of a spatula (also coated with spray). Refrigerate until cool. Cut into 24 squares. Each square has a half point in the Weight Watchers plan (roughly 25 calories.)
I just had a couple with a cup of coffee and it felt quite decadent. They're big, too, if you're like me and like volume food!
2 comments:
Congratulations Tracy - you did great! Keep up the good work and you will achieve your goal. Aunt Brenda
Yeah Tracy!!! Keep up the good work! I am sooo GOING TO TRY THAT RECIPE...yum!
Post a Comment