Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tracy versus Robert

In case you hadn't noticed Rob and I have a very different approach to the world. And just about everything else. This is best illustrated by the following occurrence today, at Dunkin' Donuts.

We did our usual Sunday afternoon cruise around the back roads of Chester and Lancaster counties and eventually ended up at Dunkin' Donuts -- which is pretty much how we bribe decent behavior from Hannah and Liz. This time we decided to go inside because Hannah wanted a pink frosted donut and they don't always have those at 3 p.m. and then it takes her about 15 minutes to come up with donut choice number 2.

As luck would have it, they had donuts that each girl wanted, so we very happily placed our order and Hannah and Lizzie were being their usual charming selves, spelling out the names of donuts and flirting with the girl behind the counter and finding a table all by themselves. We got our order (no I did not have a donut) and sat at a table.

Since there was no one in the place and Hannah and Lizzie are very cute, the counter woman came out to chat and clean tables. That's when she said to Rob and I, "Are these your grandchildren?"

Tracy's answer, smiling guiltily: They aren't our grandchildren. They are our children. We waited a long time for them, so we were older. I know we look old, but they are our children. We might be old enough to be their grandparents, but we are their parents.

Rob's answer, not even making eye contact: No.

So there you have it. :0

OLD FARTS:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tracy - so funny!!! My chuckle for the day.

Primrose Hill said...

make that "good-lookin'" old farts!

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
I just want to thank you for updating us with all information. You don't know how much I love to read this. The part were Lizzie said about that spoon was sooooo touching. Today I had a bad day and had to re-read this again. :)
Thanks again.

Rekha