Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All is Well

*** Warning: Some Grossness Follows ... Some might find it too gross to read. No one should read after a meal ***

Whew ... we've had a couple of rough days around here, but all is well now. As you have probably read, Lizzie had a stomach bug on Saturday. So, after being up with her all Saturday night and waiting for her to feel better on Sunday, I started feeling a little queasy myself on Sunday night. By midnight I was in full tummy bug mode, and by 2:30 a.m. Rob was in the same boat. At 4:30 a.m. Rob was in one bathroom, and I was in the other one upstairs and there's a knock on the door:

"Mommy?" It was Elizabeth
"I'm okay, Lizzie," I say in that chirpy I'm not really all right voice.
"I have to go to the baffroom."
"Can you go downstairs, honey, Mommy's sick."
"Well ... it's dark down there. Can you come with me?
I WANTED to say turn on the light and go. But instead -- being a mom -- I took a break from vomiting ... quickly cleaned the bathroom, cracked the window, let her into the bathroom, ran downstairs to the powder room and continued my illness there.

Seriously, it's moments like this when you know you're a mom. And when you're glad that your new house has THREE bathrooms!

Luckily we're all pretty much on the road to recovery. Rob went back to work, the girls went to school and I had a sweet potato for dinner, so it looks like the worst is all behind us!! And you should all be happy that I did not take any pictures of the past 48 hours!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Pretty rough road for all of you. I'm getting over the bug myself. Knocked me out cold. Hope everyone is feeling better. I think we need SPRING!!!!!