Hi everyone -- I hope you're enjoying the day with your loved ones. We had a good morning and went to our favorite coffee shop where we had hot chocolate, brownies, scones and coffee (I just had the coffee). I should have known things were going to go downhill when Lizzie pushed her brownie away and said she DIDN'T LIKE CHOCOLATE. Yesterday, she ate about a pound of it, so I should have known something was up.
Then we got back in the car and she said her tummy hurt.
By the time we got home she was in full-blown stomach bug mode. I have to say though, that if you're child is going to vomit all over your house, it's not a bad idea to feed them hot chocolate ahead of time. It really wasn't that bad.
This was Lizzie's first stomach bug ever, so she's a little confused why she feels bad and wants to know why she's not better already (it's been about two hours). So, right now she is laying on a chair watching cartoons and whimpering in the Nancy Kerrigan fashion (WHY ME???)
Hopefully she'll feel better by tomorrow. And hopefully Hannah won't get it. And MOST hopefully I won't get it....
So I was unable to take faces of happy children on Valentine's Day. Luckily we went to a favorite park last weekend when the weather was in the low 50s and I took lots of pictures. Here they are:
For those who live in the area, this park is in New Holland. It's got lots of structures for the kids to run around on, and some nice pieces of equipment. There's a bathroom there, and there's also a pool, although we've never done the pool part. Here's Lizzie in the rocket.

Oh yeah, HUSBANDS like to run around the structures too. Here Rob is in the castle structure. Which looks a lot like the rocket structure, but it's not.
Hannah in the rocket. When we first started going to this park just about a year ago they didn't reach the windows. They have grown about 2 feet this year, I think. (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating...)

Tire swing! This is a total favorite, especially when they can get adults to push them on it. Usually they meet other kids at the park and go on the swing with them, so that their strong (and younger than us) parents can push them on the tire swing. You can't see it too well, but just below the tire swing is a pool of water. That's not a feature of the park, but the remnants of the snow that melted all of a sudden when the temp went from the teens to the 50s. Both girls stepped in it, fell in it and otherwise muddied themselves in this pool and all the mud in the park.
Do not adjust your computer screens ... this is just Lizzie going so high on the swing that she almost flipped over backwards.
Here's one of many slides in the park. Lizzie loves slides...
...but Hannah is positively ELECTRIFIED by them. Have a happy Valentine's Day everyone!!
1 comment:
I LOVE the way you wrote this! Lizzie and Hannah are adorable and so their Mom!
Love,
Grammy Rachelle
Post a Comment