By far my favorite moment of the entire vacation was when, on the last day we were having dinner and were talking about different animals. I said that I liked cows best and was very excited when my sister Terry told me that her brother-in-law raised them, and maybe I would like one of Barry's cows.
Of course I quickly found out later that the cow I was going to get had been cut into tiny pieces and stored in the freezer in the form of steaks and burgers.
So my mom upon hearing this story said (I swear I do NOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP?)
"Oh, really? What does cow taste like?"
Seriously. I say again. I don't make this stuff up.
Earlier that week we'd been playing dominoes (that's Ann on the left and Beanie, the eventual winner on the right) and Ann had been losing badly throughout most of the several day tournament....
My mom had actually been winning for the first few games so, on the last day when she tallied up the scores she was surprised to find that Ann had beaten her by three points, putting Mom barely but obviously in last place. So my ever-gracious mother, schooled in manners and propriety looked Ann right in the eye, got real close and said "Read my lips ... these are MY dominoes." Seriously, maybe you had to be there, but it was FUNNY.
And then there's my brother. Here he is at dinner that last night, checking to make sure that no one's watching him get in a couple minutes of serious reading time, but you know, the camera misses nothing...
Looks like Clifford's Christmas is a big hit:
T.A. again ... looking like he had a rough 9 holes. Casey and Grandpa must have outshot him:

T.A. again ... looking like he had a rough 9 holes. Casey and Grandpa must have outshot him:




5 comments:
I just LOVE the blogs and look forward to each and every one of them. A lot of information is able to be gleaned from all! Hysterical - love the bit about the cow! Wish I had known before your mother called to wish me a Happy Anniversary (three days late but better late than never!). MY list is correct! lol.
I know your mother quite well and I am sure that she was "pulling your leg"--Indeed, I am reasonably sure, but not positive, that she does indeed know what "cow" tastes like
After years of Saturday nights eating inch-thick T-bone steaks for dinner you'd think everyone would have made the connection between cow and steak, but you know ... that's Mom! :)It's just like when she told us she was sad that the tan M&Ms were being discontinued because they tasted the best...
What's going on Tracy? You didn't update the blog yet. Just joking. :) I loveeee to read them.
Well Rekha, all you had to do was ask! :)
Post a Comment