Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Grandma Jo will love this post

We're going to be visiting Grandma Jo in a week or so, which necessitated a trip to the hair salon. I usually cut the girls' hair (which is why it's always long!) but once a year we like to allow the professionals to do their thing. This was the first time that the girls had the whole salon treatment with hair washing, cut and blowdry. To say they loved it would be an understatement. Here's Hannah's new do ... she wanted it to be really short, but I convinced her that she needed to be able to put it into a ponytail for dance. She was thrilled with the result and told me that she plans to look at herself in the mirror all day long:
Here's Little Bit's haircut. True to Lizzie form she really didn't want her hair cut, just that it would look the same ... only different. So we had a good four or five inches trimmed and had it shaped and as soon as we got home she told me that NOW she wants it shorter. But that's Lizzie for you. She also asked the stylist is "some persons necks hurt when they are getting their hair washed."
She looks different enough though to cause her to explain to me that I had better tell Daddy about the haircuts or else he would come home and say, "Where are my girls? Did you sell them and get these girls instead?" She cracks me up:

Here they are testing out the new hair by dancing around. Lizzie's hair really is getting very blonde in the summer.
I just liked the way Hannah's hair looked in this picture ... her hair is very thick and very straight and I think the shorter cut really suits her. She said that from now on she will ONLY let the stylists at the Hair Cuttery cut her hair.
Here they are together. Gorgeous, don't you think?
Oh, and speaking cutting, it looks like I'll be having my gall bladder removed. I was in the Emergency Room Friday evening and it appears as if my gall bladder and I need to part ways as soon as possible. My first question, of course, was HOW MUCH DOES A GALL BLADDER WEIGH? I'm hoping that mine weighs about 15 lbs., but I kind of doubt it.
I meet with a surgeon at the end of August for a scheduled surgery sometime in September. Unless of course I have another attack in which case it may come out sooner. But it just wouldn't be a vacation in the Poconos if someone didn't need to be rushed to the ER, would it, (Mom!!??) :)
Seriously, I feel fine now, so no worries, okay?

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

All great pictures - such a good job. As to the ER, as least you all know where it is thanks to prior visits by unnamed persons.