Monday, July 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For July 27

Outside my window... Summer has finally arrived. It's hot and a little more humid than I would like (although I would like NO humidity) but it looks like clouds are gathering for an afternoon thunderstorm.

I am thinking... I can't believe that summer is half over and the girls start back to school in six weeks. We've had a great summer thus far and expect that will continue through August.

I am thankful ... for those who continue to support and encourage me at Weight Watchers. The weight loss is slow, but fairly steady.

From the kitchen... I'm getting ready to fix lunch for the three of us. Hannah and Lizzie will probably have crackers and cheese and yogurt smoothies and I'll have whole wheat noodles with some feta cheese and raisins (might sound gross, but it's really good with some homemade Greek dressed drizzled throughout).

I am wearing... grey shirt, grey shorts, hair in a pony tail.

I am creating... not much these days. I finished the story on David Cook (American Idol 7 winner) on Friday and a story on the Reading Fair this morning. Last week I attended my card making class and created 10 cards ... REALLY enjoy that class.

I am going ... to make lunch for the kids and myself and then get everyone ready for the pool this afternoon.

I am reading... Dead as a Doornail, one of the Sookie Stackhouse vampire mysteries. The HBO series TrueBlood is based on this series and while I don't have HBO, I am enjoying the books. They are light enough so that I can read while the girls swim or play in the park where my attention is usually pretty scattered. They aren't gory either, which is something I don't really like about vampire books anyway. Charlaine Harris' vampires are very nice.

I am hoping... to get some personal writing done this week or over the weekend. The only bad thing about a busy and fun summer is that I don't have the time to write during the day and I'm too tired in the evenings!

I am praying ... again for baby Stellan who is back in the hospital with his heart issues. Praying that a solution can be found quickly!

I am hearing... spongebob squarepants (I let the girls watch it while they are eating lunch, which they now are, since I took a break from this blog entry to make them lunch).

Around the house... things are still looking pretty good from our major cleanup two weeks ago. You can tell that two little girls live here though, as there are crayons and jump ropes on the family room floor.

One of my favorite things... is celebrating with friends, which I got to do this weekend at Amy's 40th birthday party. Great time, great food (except the veggie hot dogs which Lizzie said did not taste anything like her ballpark franks!) and great company!

A few plans for the week ahead... not too busy this week, which is good because we have been VERY busy. There's a dentist appointment for the girls on Wednesday (no cavities please!) and I've got two interviews to do. Aunt B will probably come spend the afternoon with the girls, too, which is always exciting for them. Right now the weekend looks quiet, but that's very likely to change as the week progresses.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... A bumblebee just doing his job!


1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Look forward to your Daybook entries and glad this one showed up! Always good thoughts.