Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vacation Pt. 2

Aunt Linda and Uncle Dude showed up at Grandma's for the second part of our vacation, seriously upping the fun factor. Here are some pictures of them, as well as some of the other things we did. After Zoo Camp one day we decided to have a picnic in the park:

Here's Rob lighting the candles on Aunt Linda's birthday cake. I think the rest of her candles must be on the OTHER half of the cake:

Then the next day we celebrated Uncle Dude's birthday -- the Garrity clan reading this will be happy to see the tee shirt that Uncle Dude chose to wear:
Hannah crawling around some of the rocks at Reed's Beach. In case you hadn't noticed. I love Reed's Beach. It's this small little road of ramshackle homes (which cost upwards of half a million bucks) in a very peaceful area on the bay. It's much different from any of the barrier islands (no stores, no cars, but many many many dying horseshoe crabs) and there's really not much there except for beautiful sunsets and seagulls. And for a day or so each summer, these two little girls:

And here's another sunset photo

Last day of Zoo Camp -- the girls came home with lots of artwork, a daily journal that they kept and a goodie bag full of camp stuff ... well worth the $80 a week it cost me (tee shirt included!):


Of course it wouldn't be vacation with the Rasmussens if Linda and Sholto didn't try to teach the girls something athletic. So, there was much whiffle-ball playing. I only watched about 10 seconds of it, so here's a picture to prove that I DID participate (even if only as the team photographer) and they DID play, and Aunt Linda WAS wearing a dress to play whiffleball: And, of course, we DID make it to the beach several times. In fact I believe we went to the beach more times during this one week than I did the entire five or six years I lived at the shore. Here are Hannah and Liz in a hole that they dug, next to the wall that they built:
More hole digging ... and you can see Hannah in the back there, running to the surf for more water to fill the hole: Miss Liz prancing in the waves ... I didn't get many pictures of Hannah in the water because she preferred the DEEP water with the BIG waves and I didn't want to ruin my camera (I shot these photos with my back-up camera as it was):
And here they are on the beach:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I forgot to tell you...I have a fiction book called "Reed's Beach" by Trent Lott (I think). It's based in Cape May County. I've had it on my shelf forever and never finished reading it. I always get a few chapters in and then I give up :)

TGR101 said...

Carrie, I read that book when it came out and it's really NOT worth finishing. The REAL Reed's Beach is much nicer than the book (which is kind of a downer, if I recall!)
Tracy