I, of course, put the sock on the end of my cot and was awakened at around 10 p.m. (we campers went to bed very early I guess because I was roused from a very sound sleep and several of my bunk mates were refusing to go) and we shuffled in our PJs to the Mess Hall where all the other awakened campers were sitting at the long tables watching an old black and white television.
So while we sat there awaiting Neil Armstrong's step into history they interuppted the show with the announcement that a baby girl had been born in Ireland.
Her parents named her Ann.
Here's what she looks like today:
Okay, so maybe they didn't break in with that news. Instead it was wall-to-wall coverage of this, the Lunar Landing, the first man ever to walk on the moon. Big deal, right?:
Here's Armstrong today ... I personally think the past 40 years has been kinder to Ann, don't you?
AND that little girl grew up to come to America, marry my brother, become an American citizen and my friend. :)
Happy Birthday Ann! I hope you're having a grand time celebrating the Lunar Landing and, oh, yeah, the big 4-0!!
Okay, so maybe they didn't break in with that news. Instead it was wall-to-wall coverage of this, the Lunar Landing, the first man ever to walk on the moon. Big deal, right?:
Here's Armstrong today ... I personally think the past 40 years has been kinder to Ann, don't you?
AND that little girl grew up to come to America, marry my brother, become an American citizen and my friend. :)Happy Birthday Ann! I hope you're having a grand time celebrating the Lunar Landing and, oh, yeah, the big 4-0!!
xoxoxo
2 comments:
Oh, Tracy - that is SO nice - what a correlation! Ann didn't know she made history when she was born!!
This is a wonderful read. Your sister in law is lovely and how exciting to be born on that day!
Also, you look terrific!
love,
Grammy R
Post a Comment