Monday, April 19, 2010

Dancing Girls

(This is my second update ... if you haven't been to the blog for awhile, keep scrolling down!)

Hannah and Lizzie are taking ballet again this year. And this year they're actually improving. The recital is in about two months so there's lots of time to learn the dance (thank heaven!) but I was able to get some photos of a recent dance class.
Here's Lizzie watching the teacher demonstrate one of the steps (don't ask me what they are ... it's all French to me... ha ha):
Hannah's real strength is her hand placement and her understanding of the music. She's not so good at staying with the actual dance steps, though, so that's what we work on. I'm pretty sure Hannah will be taking jazz next year as she really loves to just run around and interpret the music her OWN way!

Lizzie is all about technique. She wants to do every step perfectly and she'll do them over and over and over again until she gets it right. She doesn't quite understand that she's dancing to music though ... or that other people have already moved on to the next step in the dance. She loves ballet and is already looking forward to next year.


Hannah doing some step I can't pronounce:



Here's a part of the dance they all seem to "get" already. I've seen the whole thing performed and it should be really cool once they can, you know, actually dance it.




Part two of that same part of the dance:
Hannah showing off and getting ready to practice her bow:


Lizzie, after a hard rehearsal: For those of you who can't make it to the demonstration in June, stay tuned to the blog because I'm hoping to video the dress rehearsal like I did last year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hear Shelby's dance teacher from that age - "Point your toes"
Very nice turnout by Lizzie! And Hannah's bow is lovely.

Aunt Brenda said...

Another update - wonderful!! Love the new family stick figures and now including the newest addition!!