Saturday, April 17, 2010

Update! We have an update!

I am not happy with blogger and am considering moving my blog. I'm pretty sure that my four followers :) will be able to follow me to wherever I go. Blogger has made uploading photos very difficult (I can't cut and paste and I can't drag and drop which probably means nothing to any of you, but it's essential to organizing my otherwise very convoluted posts) and since I know that all of you pretty much just want to see cute pix of the kids (and dog) it can be very frustrating.
But because I'm nice and have nothing better to do while my hair dries this morning, I'm going to upload a whole bunch of pictures from our Easter weekend.
You're welcome. ;)
So here, in no particular order (because blogger wouldn't let me change the order) are pictures from our Easter Weekend:

Let me say that the Easter Bunny broke a MAJOR rule by bringing the girls bubbles in their Easter baskets. This family (and by this family I mean ME) hates bubbles. They are messy and sticky and, well, I just don't like them. Maybe it's the close association to cleaning products that I don't like. But here's happy Lizzie blowing some bubbles.

The Easter Bunny also brought the girls these finger puppets. They were a lot of fun until Cash ate them. But, as I explained to Hannah, dogs are the natural predators of bunnies.

First course of Easter dinner. I made Cream of Asparagus soup. It was very very very delicious. Especially with the garlic rounds I tossed in at the last minute. Oh, and you can also admire my Fiestaware in this picture AND my southern living at home silverware.
Here's the gang getting ready to dive into the soup. Hannah and Liz put together the little table display of Easter stuffed animals.
Oh, and here's ANOTHER thing I hate. Coloring Easter Eggs. HATE IT! It's messy and more stain gets on the kids and the floor and the table than ever adheres to the eggs so I. HATE. IT. (Because, as you know, I'm such a neatnik!) However, decorating eggs is an important part of childhood, right? So I bought a kit from Oriental Trading and this is how we decorated our eggs. I think they look pretty darn good. And all I had to do was throw away 4,1047 little pieces of adhesive wrapper.
Moving right along. We had an Easter Egg hunt in our front yard. I hid 36 eggs filled with candy and the girls went crazy looking for them. Hannah is looking for some down by the creek here.
Eventually Rob had to get in on it because I hid some of the pretty well. You have to do that or else the hunt lasts about 37 seconds and then you've just got two kids hopped up on sugar for the rest of the afternoon.

SUCCESS!! Lizzie and her eggs:

MORE SUCCESS!! Hannah digs into her eggs to see what was inside:
I think this picture was from Sunday night when we all went to the park. Cash is even bigger than this now. He's a good dog though. He totally needs to learn some manners, but right now he's getting by on his charm.


I actually think this picture is from last weekend, not Easter Weekend. But I like it, so I'm including it. We are introducing Cash to the various parks we frequent and this is the playground at the French Creek State Park. Hannah's tall enough to get up on the monkey bars all by herself and cruise across. Happy for her, sad that my babies continue to get bigger!

And magically we are back at Easter morning. Here's a picture of some of the loot. Aunt Tina's gift of baby zhou zhou pets was particularly enjoyed and actually took the girls away from all the candy for about 12 minutes. Good work, Beanie!

And here are Lizzie, Hannah and Rob right after church. Hannah said she really liked church because of the renewal of the baptism rites. Okay, what she REALLY said was, "HEY, HE SPLASHED ME WITH WATER, THAT'S COOL!!" really loud in the middle of Mass, but that's probably as close as liking Mass as I can hope for right now.

And now I'll close with one of my favorite pictures. Cash gets a little nervous in the car, so here he is his holding onto Lizzie for support. Cute, aren't they?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...easter treats have gotten a lot fancier than I remember. uncle m wants to know where the peeps are (his favorite)...cash looks good on the leash. aunt a

TGR101 said...

No peeps for us. The girls don't really like them. So I guess that just means there are more in the store for Uncle Anonymous.!

Oh, and Aunt Brenda, I was the one who got most of Ging Ging's fiesta ware. I stored it in my parents' garage during one of my many moves and I think it got purged during a garage cleanup. I love the stuff...I especially loved the bowls she had. They don't make them like th at anymore. :(

Primrose Hill said...

all very sweet pictures! Love the southern living at home silverware HOWEVER, since you don't live in the south...just be sending it on to me! :-)