I was at a friend's birthday party earlier this week and was skipping dinner, so Rob took the opportunity to cook something I hate for dinner (shrimp ... YUCK!) He also took the opportunity to exercise extreme patience and let Hannah and Liz cook with him. Mostly Hannah. Rob is a good person to cook with because he follows recipes EXACTLY so if there is one tablespoon of oil to be added to the pan, he can measure it out and one of the girls (mostly Hannah) can pour it in. I'm much more of a Zen cook ... a little of this, a little of that until it feels right, smells right, looks right.... I prefer to be "one with the food" so there is much more yelling when I cook with the girls (which is
un Zenlike, I think.)
Anyway, here is Hannah sweating the onions:

Everyone (except me) helped to peel and prepare the shrimp:

Lizzie took a break to play a little dress up with Cash. She wants me to get them matching hats:

Hannah was still hard at work in the kitchen though. Hannah LOVES shrimp and was very excited to be preparing her own dinner. Here, she poses with one of the little bottom feeders:

Here's the finished product. There was a little left over for the next night to have for dinner, although at lunchtime Hannah told me that SHE would like to have the scampi for dinner and so she and Rob had to fight over it:

In case you didn't get the idea of how much Hannah LOVES shrimp (and garlic and onions and NOODLES) here's her reaction when Rob put the dish on the table:

5 comments:
Hannah and Rob can come visit us again and we can catch the shrimp and then cook it. Aunt Anonymous in SC
Wow Tracy - everyone looks like they're having so much fun! I love shrimp and that shrimp dish looks great.
Email me sometime! I miss the loop!
Lynn
I'm with Hannah - LOVE Shrimp - looks great and nice of Rob to cook!!
Aunt Anonymous -- Hannah said she would LOVE to go to your house and catch lots of shrimp and eat them. Lizzie would rather go out to dinner again.
Lynnie -- I have your last email and will respond soon. I miss the loop too!!!
Aunt Brenda -- It's great when Rob cooks (rare but great!), but even better that he cleans bathrooms!!!
What happened Tracy? No pictures and stories in August. Just joking. :) You know how much I enjoy your stories. Hope everything is going well at your end.
Rekha
Post a Comment