I present...Dolphin Jousting. Here is a joust between Tommy and Lizzie. It was a hot contest with lots of yelling and hitting with noodles...

Here, Tommy strikes a blow that is barely blocked by Lizzie:

But it proved too much for her dolphin, who dumped her... (because they were our guests I put in the pictures of Tommy's win, but let me say in the interest of full disclosure and not just because she is my daughter, but Lizzie won 2 out of 3 jousts...)

I think this is already an Olympic sport, but if it's not, you saw it here first. Synchronized jumping in a pool. That's Rob on the left, Lizzie on the right. Oh, and they are not very good at it:

Brenna hung out mostly on the stairs doing what she does best -- looking cute.

We followed up the swimming with a barbecue and impromptu birthday celebration for Ann, who turned (I think) 29 last week (you're welcome, Ann!) I didn't get any pictures of the BBQ or the great birthday cake or presents being bestowed, but I did manage to catch TAG numbers 2 and 3 (or 3 and 4 depending upon whom you ask):
The four youngest grandchildren:
The four youngest grandchildren:
In between cooking, and swimming and running around outside getting sweaty (so humid that my camera wasn't working well outside!) there was the usual playing of computer games:

Lizzie showed Brenna how to use her Princess computer:

Oh, and since I promised the women that I would post NO pictures of older chicks in bathing suits I have NO pictures of Ann and only this one of Aunt Beanie (my sister) who was doing her best to fend off Cash, who, she soon found out that Cash thinks that the hammock is his for sleeping AND as a chew toy. He was happy to substitute my sister for the chew toy part, though.


No comments:
Post a Comment