For July 31, 2010Outside my window... is the kind of summer day that I think we all live for. Beautiful, warm sunshine, a few fluffy clouds and no humidity. There's a gentle breeze that is bringing the scent of freshly cut grass our way, too. It's a great day for reading in the hammock, followed by a barbecue with good friends -- which is exactly what we've got planned for today.
I am thinking... that I can't believe summer is half over. Seriously, July 31st? How did THAT happen?
I am thankful ... for my friend Amy. She's been watching Hannah and Lizzie for me a couple mornings a week so that I can run errands, do interviews and stare at my bellybutton. But I'm thankful for her for so much more. I'm thankful for her advice, her sense of humor, her dedication to her (and my!) children, her circle of other friends that she shares generously with me, and her fervent love of Big Brother, so I don't have to feel quite so dumb for loving it just as much. Thank you Amy!!
I am thankful ... for my friend Amy. She's been watching Hannah and Lizzie for me a couple mornings a week so that I can run errands, do interviews and stare at my bellybutton. But I'm thankful for her for so much more. I'm thankful for her advice, her sense of humor, her dedication to her (and my!) children, her circle of other friends that she shares generously with me, and her fervent love of Big Brother, so I don't have to feel quite so dumb for loving it just as much. Thank you Amy!!
From the kitchen... lots going on in there. There's a blueberry cobbler that I made last night sitting on the stove, lots of chips and dips ready to be put out, burgers, etc. (including CHEESE in case Tommy Garrity or one of his parents is reading this!) for the grill and corn, lemonade, ice cream and a tomato/mozzerella/basil salad to round things out for our BBQ in a few hours.
I am wearing... pink tee shirt, blue shorts, bare feet. But I'd rather tell you what Hannah is wearing: hot pink leopard print fleece pants, turtleneck with snowflakes on it, and a sweater with bold stripes in lime green, neon blue, hot pink and bright yellow. On her feet are yellow crocs and no socks because, you know, it's summer.
I am creating... a plot to make the rest of the summer last L.O.N.G.E.R. It's flying by and I've still got lots to do with Hannah and Liz, although we have been keeping to our one special adventure per week plan, in addition to time at the pool, schoolwork and watching "The Lion King."
I am going ... to spend the next 30 minutes de-pooping the backyard. Oh joy.
I am reading... "The Friday Night Knitting Club." According to my Kindle I'm 29 percent done with it and I can't say I like it or don't like it. It's just kind of there. Maybe I can't get into it because I have attempted to learn to knit at least six times in my lifetime (so far) and I have never been able to do it. :( It's a book for book club though, and I wonder if any of the other members are enjoying it.
I am hoping... that my friend Jeanie (from the twins club) continues to improve. She battled cancer while pregnant with her twins and now that they are here and she's cancer-free, she's had a blood clot/stroke that put her in the ICU for two weeks. She's home now and recovering well, but just had a slight setback showing that the clot is not dissolving as quickly as the doctors had hoped. If you're the praying type, she (and I) would appreciate a quick prayer for her.
I am hearing... "The Lion King II" and two girls laughing hysterically at Pumba and Timor (or whatever their names are). I am just happy that we're temporarily off the first Lion King.
Around the house... things look great. One of the best things about entertaining is that I have a reason to stop doing fun stuff and clean the house. Which is exactly what we've done for the last few weeks (because we are JUST SO POPULAR!) and the house looks nice. Rob even shined up the hardwood floors this morning, which is great for everyone except maybe Cash who has a little trouble running on them much to the delight of the other puppies (Hannah and Liz).
One of my favorite things... is doing magic with Lizzie. I am terrible at magic, but we have this magic kit that I picked up for a pittance at Michaels so Lizzie and I have been going through the tricks. Lizzie has potential. I do not. She guesses how I do every single trick. But we still have a lot of fun and she thinks she's going to be a magician when she grows up now. Although she was very disappointed to find out that the "magic" is really some sort of trick instead of "real" magic.
A few plans for the week ahead... BBQ with friends and Rob's brother (UNCLE DUDE IN THE HOUSE!)tonight, cruising and probably a picnic tomorrow, a playdate with Hannah's best friend Phoebe later this week, playgrounds, parks, swimming and I think our "special adventure" will be bowling, but we'll see.
2 comments:
Friday Night Knitting Club was so-so for me. I didn't like the way it ended and I think that I longed for more substance from the characters...I didn't get the warm fuzzy feeling that they were so connected...even though they were supposed to be. I finished it yesterday so I still need to think about it a little bit more.
I love this post and the idea behind the post!! I might have to steal it from you!
Thanks for sharing!! :)
Post a Comment