Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy Noon Year!

The girls went to their friend Georgia's birthday party today, which also included a "countdown to noon year."
While the countdown was fun, the fact that the girls started the 2.5 hour session NOT being able to skate at all, and ended it gliding around the floor bodes well for the coming year. At least that's what I'm hoping. You know, they will start the year NOT knowing math, and will end it KNOWING math. Yeah, that sounds good!
Here are some pictures from the party. And happy  noon year to all of you, too!!

Things started out sort of tentative, with LOTS of falling (although I'm still pretty sure that both girls did better than I sometimes do when I'm NOT wearing skates!) I did take them by the hand and walk them around the rink a few times and told them to glide. It made me wish I could go on skates because back in the day, I was pretty good on roller skates. Anyway, here's Hannah trying to balance and you can see Lizzie in the background trying not to fall:

Here they are trying to do The Electric Slide. Pretty much they did okay until they got to the cha cha cha part and the dance turned into "London Bridges" and they ALL fell down. It was pretty hysterical!

Finally though, they got the hang of it and started to skate the way you're supposed to:

Here's Lizzie skating under the bar for Limbo:

And Hannah doing the same thing. I gotta tell you, I was pretty impressed. Kids are just so good at figuring things out -- although Hannah did come sit next to me for a few minutes and I asked her what was wrong and she sighed deeply and said. "I'm so tired of falling. I think I broke a hip." Then she skated off some more.

The party was to celebrate our friend Georgia's 8th birthday. Here she is (in the purple sweater) while we all sang Happy Birthday to her:

We met Georgia at the Tot Spot preschool when Hannah and Lizzie had just turned three and Georgia had just turned two. Addy (the girl in the red sweater) was also in the class. They spent 2 and 3s together and then Georgia switched preschools during the 4s year (Addie stayed with the girls). Luckily Georgia's mom and I became great friends so the girls got together frequently until they started kindergarten at different schools. Georgia goes to a different elementary school and Addie goes to a whole different school district. Yet when they saw each other after several years (we last saw Georgia in the summer for a brief visit with her five brothers and sisters and hadn't seen Addie for at least three years!) it was like no time had passed at all. They were all skating and holding hands and having a blast.

Older sisters were also part of the Tot Spot reunion. Hayden is Addie's older sister and Abby is Georgia's older sister. It was really a fun way to ring out 2011 and get started on 2012!!

We wish that in 2012 all of you reconnect with friends from the past, cherish current friendships and enjoy all those you hold dear! We also hope you all skate through 2012 with peace of mind and excitement for new adventures!! 
xoxo -- The Raz Report


1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Seems like everyone had a great day and what a way to welcome 2012!