Someone (named Elizabeth) told me that Christmas is only four days away, so I was inspired to publish this Way Back Wednesday photo, which pictures the Jolly Old Elf himself, plus me (on the left), Aunt Anonymous (on the right) and my sister Terry, who is beyond thrilled to be meeting Santa, in front.
There was no year on the picture, but I think I'm probably three in this picture, making AA four and Terry about 18 month old. That means the year was probably 1962. My guess is that this picture was probably taken at the Clearmont elementary school or the Elk Grove Village town hall (because of the cinderblock walls and the really fancy decorations...) Hopefully those with more knowledge of history :) will correct this if it's wrong!
I will say that this is probably the longest that my mother ever let my hair grow, which is what makes this picture so exciting for all to see. Especially my children who think that in most of my childhood photos I am a boy.

2 comments:
Oh, my - Terry looks so unhappy!! You are doing great with these old pictures - keep it up!!
I don't remember this, but it could also be at the church? Hadn't seen this picture before!
Post a Comment