Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Way Back Wednesday

This post should more appropriately entitled Way Back and Way More Back Wednesday. Here are two pictures:

This is a picture taken in the mid 1980s of my parents at my sister Tally's wedding. My mom looks very happy. My dad? Well, this was the second wedding he had to pay for in two years, so at least he's trying to smile...

Flash forward about 10 years (I think) and you'll see that my mother has put this dress to good use again (don't even ask about the drawers full of old wrapping paper and the hundreds of paper bags shoved  stored between the refrigerator and the cabinets...once a New England packrat, ALWAYS a New England packrat!) The big change you'll notice is that my father is actually smiling. This picture was likely taken in the late 1980s, early 1990s at some sort of Mahopac Golf Club function. It was also likely taken when my dad hadn't had to pay college tuition or wedding fees for quite a few years. All that ended in 1994 when I got married though and, among other things, we all bought new dresses. My dad sent me this picture and it's quickly become a favorite of mine. I think it's a great picture of both of them and in my mind's eye this is how I picture them.
 

2 comments:

Aunt A said...

what a handsome couple!!! (and I remember that dress!)

TGR101 said...

They would have to be, based on how gorgeous all their children turned out! ;)