Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Spring Photos

I cannot believe that school is over for the year (has been since last Thursday!) and that we are already in the summer groove (fight, go to pool, fight, eat dinner, go to pool, fight, go to bed...)
Here are some photos from random spring events (not in chronological order)...

I took this picture the first time we had a picnic at Pool Forge. It's a horse. :)

The girls' dance demo was in June. It was the weekend after the pageant weekend, so I had a mental block about inviting anyone to it. They were great, as usual, and are more into the technique of ballet this year. 

I took these photos at the actual performance. If you come to my house I can show you the video but since they made the TRACY ANNOUNCEMENT in which they tell everyone that video is not allowed to be shown on the internet under any circumstances whatsoever, including relatives who live far away and can't get to the show. So, I am abiding by the rule, even though I think it's overkill.

After the show with their flowers:

This is the picture I submitted for the photogenic category at the modeling contest. Lizzie won first place -- which I think makes ME a winner, too, since I took this photo...

I volunteered at the 3rd grade picnic this year. There were all sorts of games and snacks and a good time was had by all for the hour they were allowed to picnic. Here is Lizzie eating something:

And here she is hula-ing a bunch of hoops:

Hannah having a snack with her BFF Phoebe:

And getting her face painted:

I also took my Brownie troop roller skating for a year-end party. My troop swelled to about 20 girls for much of the year, but by the end I think I had only 17 active members. It was a really fun year and the roller skating really capped it off, although it was hot in the rink, which is pretty much as it was in the 1970s, including the disco ball and solid rock walls. Here's Lizzie taking a break:

Hannah and Lizzie with their pals Keira and Maura:

Hannah gliding along. Lizzie went waaaaay too fast for me to get a picture of her moving:

Here's a picture I found from the pageant weekend. It wasn't all hair-dos and nail-painting. There was a great pool and I took the girls there to relax. It was right next to the arcade, so we had to go relax in the arcade, too:

We also met the 7 Springs Mountain Resort mascot one morning. He's the one in the middle:

We also had fun with our hamsters. Here's Cinnamon (I don't think she's been on the blog before because she spends most of her time hiding in one of her tubes.) Hannah is able to hold her now so we think she is getting tamer. She is most certainly getting fatter so she can't run as fast, away from Hannah.

Sunshine continues to be very tame and very adventurous. In this picture she's earning her keep by checking Lizzie for ticks.
 

And here's something you don't see very often, a picture of Hannah and Lizzie and ME! This was at the Leader-Daughter (a girl scout thing) event with our service unit. We learned to country line dance:

So this is something you REALLY never see on the blog ... ME DANCING!! It was a lot of fun and I managed to get through most of the dances!

 Finally, Rob discovered a nest of baby rabbits in the backyard when he was cutting the grass (these rabbits fared MUCH better than the other rabbits he discovered while cutting the grass at our old house....) We looked at the rabbits (there were five of them) for about two days before they hopped away. A few days later we saw them in the woods in our backyard with their mom so we new they were okay!)



2 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Great updates. Love looking at all the pictures. Good job!

Aunt Anonymous said...

Nice to see a picture of you for once!!! (and happy to see that prom picture bumped!!!!!)