Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Way Back Wednesday BONUS

I know that I skipped a week with the WBW but it's all good because today you get TWO photos. Yay You!!

Here's the first:

This is a picture of Aunt Anonymous, 7, me, 6, Martha Thomas (our sort of cousin), 4 and Terry, 5. It was taken on July 21, 1965.
I know all of this because this photo is one of only a handful that is actually labelled. And the reason it is labelled is because Cousin Martha's mother (Aunt Ann) took the time for posterity to know who is in the photo (seriously I have GOT to label photos!). I have got to give props to Aunt Ann because just looking at the photo I would have said that I was a couple years younger (but then I have always looked younger than I am ... ahem...) or that this was the next summer when we were sent to Weymouth because the twins were born.
We used to see the Thomases (childhood friends of my mom) a lot when we were younger, but once we stopped spending a lot of time in South Weymouth (we spent several weeks there each summer when we were in elementary school) I don't recall seeing them. I do know that Aunt Ann and Uncle Wayne are Terry's godparents and I believe that Uncle Wayne has passed on. I have no clue where Martha is ... maybe Aunt Brenda knows! I think this photo was taken at the Thomas' house, too, as Ging Ging would have lived on Great Republic in 1965 and this isn't what the door looked like, to my memory.


And since "the twins" have a birthday on Friday I thought I'd enclose this photo of them trying to kill my cat, Bob. I use the term "my cat" rather loosely because I had the cat in my custody for about six months before the super in my apartment discovered my illegal pet ownership and Bob (her name was actually amaretto bobcat in case you were wondering) went to live in the country with my parents. Then when I moved to New York a few months after that my mother told me that Bob had become a country cat (even though she had never been outside) and that she could not live in the city. She lived about another 17 years in the country, despite the jealousy of her siblings T.A.  and Tina who, as I mentioned already, were trying to kill her in this photo.
Judging from the size of T.A.'s fro and Beanie's Farrah Fawcet "wings" I'm going to say this photo was probably taken in 1983 or 1984, in the front yard of our house in Somers. I have no idea what the cat was doing outside because when I got her from the ASPCA shelter I had to swear that I'd never let her go outside because she was born without a tail, thus making her defenseless in the wilds because she could not climb trees. It never deterred her from walking on the railing of the stairs though.
 PS: Happy birthday T.A. and Bean!!!



1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Sorry, cannot help with the Martha Thomas question. I do not think I ever even met her. 1965. I left that June to go to Taiwan after doing some processing inDC for a few weeks. Now for Bob........the look I his eyes seems to say HELP me, Please.