Friday, July 13, 2012

Way Back Wednesday

Ah summertime ... this picture is of my paternal grandparent doing something that I have only done once or twice: wearing a bathing suit. Ha Ha.
Seriously though, my grandparents were fairly athletic. Here they are in  canoe probably getting ready to shoot rapids or something
I've also got pictures of them wearing jodphers and doing the whole horseback riding thing
Clearly this whole athletic, outdoors thing gene skipped me.
I have been in a canoe  few times, although I have usually wanted to sit in the middle and enjoy the ride while other people paddle! When we were dating Rob took me on a canoe trip. We were taken upstream and dumped off in our canoe and we floated downstream.
The water was only about two feet deep, however when we pulled over to a shore to eat our lunch, I distinguished myself by stepping out of the canoe and into the water only to sink up to my thigh in muck.
So ended my career as  canoeist...

My grandparents fared much better, I'm sure. And they sure do make a nice couple here, don't they?

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Love the matching swimming costumes! Boy have times changed.