This past weekend we were the cause of some of that burning and not because I forgot to extinguish the candles I like to have lit in the bathrooms!
As you may recall we lost a tree last fall (several actually) in a freak storm and we gave most of the wood away. This past weekend though, we decided to burn the remainder of it and toast some marshmallows.
Here is the photographic evidence!
First of all we never do anything in the backyard without Hannah setting up a "stand." Here she has decided to provide us with marshmallows. Free. (Usually we get charged ... I cannot tell you the number of bracelets I have purchased and then given back to her over the past week...)
Here she is at the table with a sample marshmallow. I have to tell you that both girls remembered our fire safety from the previous week's camp out. In fact, when Rob asked Lizzie what she learned about fire safety her response was, "We learned that you've got to put your hair up or wear a bandanna so it doesn't catch on fire (insert long pause while she looks at his head) so ... you're good." Seriously that kid cracks me up. That's Rob there guarding the fire, which he built.
Here's a close-up of the fire. It burned a good long time and many, many marshmallows were consumed:
Here's one right here. Hannah liked catching them on fire, but she didn't like eating them all burned. It was a conundrum.
Even Cash got in on the fun ...
... but I think it was just for the marshmallows... see how he's sizing up Lizzie's? Yummy, yummy! Although in the interest of full disclosure Hannah tried to give him her burned marshmallow from the previous picture and he refused to eat it, too. He's kind of picky that way.
We hope you are enjoying fall wherever you are, too!



No comments:
Post a Comment