Saturday, October 26, 2013

Way Back Weekly

I love this picture!
When I do my life coaching I often tell clients who are grieving to look at things like pictures they haven't seen before or memories that suddenly surface as gifts from loved ones who have moved on.
That's certainly the way I felt when I came upon this picture in a bunch of pictures that my dad gave me when we were in the Poconos this summer.

This picture was taken at my parents' 25 wedding party, which I've written about before in a Way Back post (it was a surprise party planned by the kids and attended by friends and family who had been at the original wedding as well as some "newer" friends.) I have looked at pictures from this party for nearly 30 years, yet somehow had never seen this one. I love the look on my brother's face (who was proudly a Mama's boy!) and my mom's smile as she laughs at something Aunt Brenda is telling her (Aunt Brenda is in the mirror behind them in the original picture). It's just so "them."

There were a few other pictures of the 25th (held at the Peter Pratt Inn in Yorktown) that you may see in the future, but this one jumped right out at me, so I had to share it with all of you!


No comments: