Our week began as we said goodbye to the last of the blueberries. They went a lot faster than I thought they would, and they sure were tasty. These are the blueberry muffins I made. You probably can't see it, but I put them in 4th of July cupcake tins and felt very much like Martha Stewart.
And so, we continued with our 70s summer theme. The girls have been spending a lot of time with our neighbor Abigail, so expect to see a lot of photos of her! Here they are catching fireflies. The caught about a million of them and named EVERY SINGLE ONE. They used the most sophisticated instruments available to make the catching easier: a spaghetti sauce jar covered with a plastic bag and a Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee cup.
The method was successful though and here are just a few of the haul. I think these were George, John, Ringo and Paul ... oh wait, those were Beatles not fireflies... (ha ha I crack myself up!)The girls also made some pom pom crafts. Each pom pom took about 400 yards of yarn to yield a tiny ball of fluff, so it took the better part of the morning to finish the craft. But the pom pom puppies sure were cute:
Hannah and Pugglee:
Lizzie and FiFi:
We ended the week by taking a trip up to the Poconos to a favorite restaurant (Boulder View, in case you ever find yourself in the Lake Harmony area...) ROb and Lizzie toasted the 4th of July weekend while Hannah was being a teenager...
See what I mean. Teenager all the way...
And since it was 4th of July weekend we did go catch some fireworks. I took these just before my camera broke (don't worry, I bought a new body so week four will follow shortly!)
Enjoy the fireworks!











1 comment:
Nice! Good times.
Post a Comment