Saturday, July 4, 2015

Back for Real!! Summer Week One

Hi everyone!
I know it's been a loooooooong time since I've blogged with any regularity, but I was a little bored with it and facebook is so much easier. But I still want to have a more thorough record of what goes on in this crazy family of mine, so I'm back to blogging. I'm going to be doing the Week in Review for the summer and probably through in some Way Back Wednesdays since I like to have those photos preserved, too.
So.... away we go!

So our first week of summer was spent at the Shore with Grandma Connie. Connie has had a long, slow, up and down recovery from cancer, so it's always so great to see her up and around. My favorite part of this week was the several hours I got to spent gabbing with her while the rest of the family went out for crabs (blech).

Here's some of the other things we did:

Well even I, hater of sun and sand, can't go to the shore without ACTUALLY going to the shore (although when I lived there I managed to not go quite frequently!) It is extra impossible when you've got a couple of 12-year-old water lovers. Here's a few shots from our favorite Stone Harbor Beach.




Oh, and we broke the cardinal rule (no pun intended) of the beach and DID feed the seagulls.
Here, they prove that seagulls share about as easily as twin tweens:



We also spent time at Diamond Beach. Here the girls spent some time looking for Cape May Diamonds with Uncle Dude. They aren't real diamonds, but are pretty little quartz stones that can be buffed into a diamond shine -- which they do at a little gift shop next to the beach where they are a million times more expensive.


And speaking of Uncle Dude, I like to call the following series of photos, WHO exactly is the kid here? :)




We also went to Reed's Beach where we usually save horseshoe crabs. This year we saved horseshoe crabs at Diamond Beach, so instead I just took pictures of the girls and Rob on the rocks and (of course) looking at the sunset!



We also had a birthday party for Uncle Dude and Grandma Connie's dear friend Marion, made a soda fountain with Mentos, got out for ice cream and had a bunch of barbecues!




All in all it was a great week and a great way to kick off summer vacation!! And or course I took some time for some "arty nature shots!"




Annnd... a couple bonus shot of the happy beach goers:

See you blog readers soon ... it's great to be back!!

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Very glad you are back. No annual picture of the girls jumping in the water??