Saturday, October 23, 2010

Birthday Memories

For those of you who only come here to see pictures of my gorgeous daughters, here they are about an hour ago before their rehearsal for Nutcracker. I'll post more pictures of them in the coming days (remember -- one blog a day through Nov. 1!) but now let's get on to the important stuff ;) ME!!
I had a birthday three weeks ago. I'm not telling you the number, but I much prefer its reverse: 25.
And I must say that having your birthday on a weekend is quite lovely because you have the WHOLE DAY to remind people that it's your birthday and they must get/make you a cake. Those of you who know me even more than just a little know that Rob has NEVER gotten me a birthday cake. Never. Ever. One year my friend Bethany took pity upon me and made me her family's special birthday cake, but other than that (oh and my 50th birthday party when my mother in law and sister in law got me a delicious cake and I also bought one for myself because I sort of didn't know I was having a surprise party) no cakes.

So this year I did what any self-respecting mom would do. I told my daughters to take their father to do the store and buy me a birthday cake. So this is what I got:


Lovely isn't it? Purple is my favorite color (which Hannah knows because it's her favorite color, too.) And here is how it was presented to me. Notice how I don't even need a flash to get this picture of Rob singing? Yes, that's the benefit of ALL THOSE CANDLES!!!


We had lunch at the Red Robin. You can go to their website and sign up for the birthday club and a week or so before your birthday they'll send you a coupon for a free burger and sundae. I had the burger and the girls split my sundae and the food was really good. A nice way to celebrate and the final bill only came to something like $25 for the four of us. BONUS!!

When we got home the girls gave me my gifts: a gorgeous umbrella with flowers all over it from Lizzie and dangly crystal clip on earrings from Hannah. Rob gave me the iPod which I quite possible killed on Thursday night, which I loved for three weeks.


Oh and it was a great weekend all around because on FRIDAY we celebrated our 16th anniversary, which is two days before my birthday. Rob brought home these flowers from work. I just threw them out yesterday (three weeks later) so he really got a lot for his money, which makes HIM very happy, too!!

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Oh, so nice of Rob and the girls - you did good!!!